Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i love being legal !!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi guys long time no see ! lol well this is a bit of a usless post but ive finally turned 18 ! i can finally get into clubs and pubs with out worring about I.D ! but still i get I.D for ciggies but when i go to a pub up town looking like a tramp i dont get I.D does any one else have this its really strange but funny lol!
p.s on a really big hyper and cant wait 2 go out 2nite and get totally ruined ! :D

Comments

• Options
    the whole time i was leading up to turning 18 it was all 'thank fuck i can go where i want when i want now - im gonna go out all the time' but in reality i can hardly be fucked goin out that often! (nor afford it)

it does make life a lot easier, but then there are drawbacks! (you're no longer a minor in the eyes of the law!)
  • Options
    thats ok cos u aint a minor at 17 are you or is that you can bail yourself out ? yea i agree with you z01 it does get expensive but at the mo im lovin it ! definatly all about bein under the influence of some ching and some drink, allways seem to have the best nights of my life ! that way lol :thumb:
  • Options
    Where I'm from, if you look reasonably old and act mature, being 16 you'd have no problem getting into clubs so getting ID wasn't that big a thing for me. But in Belfast where I'm in uni, it seems everywhere ask for ID...must be the big city mentality or something.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Happy Birthday for Monday K.N.S., take care ;)
  • Options
    Probably cos of that new Under 21 thing, which wasn't around back then. Everyone always thinks I look about 2 years younger than I am. I thought I would've been safe from being ID'd by now, then they brought out that damn rule. :mad:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Where I'm from, if you look reasonably old and act mature, being 16 you'd have no problem getting into clubs

While that's just great for 16 year olds, it completely blows for the rest of us; it fills clubs with a bunch of underage punks more often than not. Same thing with coffee shoppes. Many of my favourite places have become a high schooler haven...I can't even go there with friends my age anymore because it would be embarrassing...:banghead:

...like inviting someone along to Chuckie Cheese for your 18th birthday...
  • Options
    America is different as their legal age is 21
  • Options
    Yeah, but most clubs you only have to be 18 to get in, even if it serves alcoholic beverages. You won't be able to drink of course, but the fact is that if they start becoming too lenient about even checking at the door, you'll start getting overrun by a bunch of older-looking 16 and 17 year olds...
  • Options
    The thrill of going out and getting into a club kinda left when I turned 18, it just didn't seem as fun once you were allowed to do it. I used to make the most of clubbing when i was 17 just incase I couldn't get in the next week.

Underage drinking is a bit of a joke in the uk I think, just look at the difference in public opinion in the uk when Tony Blairs son was caught compared to that in the US when Chelsea Clinton (or was it Bush's daughters?) did (didn't she have to go to court and everything?).

I'm not condoning underage drinking mind you...

:D
  • Options
    myhumps wrote:
    Underage drinking is a bit of a joke in the uk I think, just look at the difference in public opinion in the uk when Tony Blairs son was caught compared to that in the US when Chelsea Clinton (or was it Bush's daughters?) did (didn't she have to go to court and everything?).

I'm not condoning underage drinking mind you...

:D

It was Bush's daughters, they were caught twice.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    It was Bush's daughters, they were caught twice.

Well there you go then, the font of all knowlege that is Bongbudda! :thumb:
  • Options
    myhumps wrote:
    Well there you go then, the font of all knowlege that is Bongbudda! :thumb:

Good to see a newbie knowing whats what. Well done youngster.