Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sony Ericsson k750i

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A couple of questions for anyone who has this phone, Does it make the same " kerching " sound when taking a picture as the k700i does? If you don't know what i mean can you tell me if it makes any kind of soud at all whilst taking a picture? Also, can you increase the length of video clips? ( obviously memory card dependant )

Going shopping tomorrow and had my eye on the k750i for a while now. Going to stop by CPW tomorrow to see if i can handle one and get a feel for it but just wondered the above questions.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Options
    the k700i doesnt make a noise whan taking pictures if it's on silent :)

k750i is niiice :thumb: not sure about the noise it makes though... although one would presume it also doenst make a sound if it's on silent.
  • Options
    You can disable the camera sounds easily, or mute the whole phone by holding down one key from standby.

Also, You can record unlimited video asmuch as your memcard will support.

However, the d600 takes better video, and the k750i takes better pictures. I personally prefer the k750i though, better software, and feels less flimsy.
  • Options
    The k700i sound was dependant on what firmware version you had, the latest one to the last point i owed mine made it so that the sound could not be turned off at all. The sound annoys the hell out of me which is why i dont want to buy the phone if it makes that irritating sound.

I'm looking to use the k750i for its photo capabilities aswell as video recording, on top of using the radio and mp3 player. I use everything tbh i look at all the functions.

Will have a looksie at one first hand tomorrow. Cheers for the replies
  • Options
    Make sure you check out the texting functions of both phones, imho the d600 is shockingly bad for texting.
  • Options
    I got one ! :D I love it! :hyper:
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    I got one ! :D I love it! :hyper:

Indeedy, Even tho it's more than a year old it's still a top phone :D
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    Indeedy, Even tho it's more than a year old it's still a top phone :D

Absolutely!

It sort of worried me a little that the staf mentioned the firware issues the phone suffered from lol but i'll return it if anything goes wrong.
  • Options
    It's taken me hours to get the software up and running, after what i thought was installing it from cd it wouldnt connect via the usb cable, but ive finally managed to get it working.

Still loving the phone though :D
  • Options
    I'd get a USB dongle if I was you. They only cost about £15 and they own.
  • Options
    Got one already, Belkin product, intermittently breaks down though!
  • Options
    Nah, use a memory card reader to take pictures off, and a bluetooth dongle for connectivity from pc to phone
  • Options
    Got one of those too ! :D

Finally got it working via the USb cable though. Going to need a much, MUCH bigger memory card though! I thought this one would suffice but i was wrong
  • Options
    Right, i need some help.

The software with this phone is being pissy with me, whenever connected via USB it hardly ever recognises that it is in fact connected, what the point in having a mobile phone monitor that cant see when its connected i dont know, anyway, havent got a media card reader to read this type of card and cant afford one just now so how do i get around this problem?

My bluetooth dongle is also fucked so cant use bluetooth.

ETA: it's just the darndest thing! not long after i posted this i decided to stick the driver back in and install it again and as i did so the bloody thing recognised the phone was connected finally ! No idea what the hell it was all about though.