Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

does anyone have a quick fix??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im putting this in here purely for a quick response (its needed believe me!!) and i apologise to the mod that spots it first and has the glorious task of moving it x

basically i decided late into last night to break my wrist/hand. now im casted up in a sling, but the sling is really hurting the back of my neck. i shouldnt take it off as the swelling is still uncomfortable a\nd i need it to go down, anyone have an ideas? there must be some way of tying it or something so that the knot's not digging in my neck?

thank you muchly x

Comments

• Options
    have u tried getting someone to pad the knot up for u? with cotton wool wrapped round it or something?
  • Options
    wouldnt cotton wool itch like hell? good idea tho thanks x
  • Options
    Why did you break your own wrist? :eek2:
  • Options
    i swear when i first read quick fix, i thought something dirty and sexual, and then when you mentioned in the first line of your post you had broken your wrist, i began to feel your pain, but when i carried on reading and realised what you were on about, i realised my mistake, sorry cant really help you here
  • Options
    painkillers and lots of em :thumb:

(ill get shouted at for this 'advice')
  • Options
    just pad the bit over your neck with something soft.
    bit of foam
    screwed up tissues
    cotton wool
    anything soft really.
    why/how did you break your wrist?
  • Options
    The knots of slings are meant to lie flat as to not cause discomfort, plus slings are meant to distrobute the weight evenly so it doesn't dig into you.

Find someone with a bit of first-aid knowledge (the younger the better as older people are generally more callous about stuff like this - when I had stitches removes I near-bloody had me hand ripped off) or pad it - I reccomend sticking a sanitry towel to your top to pad ad prevent rubbing (Soldier Soldier style).
  • Options
    Find someone with a bit of first-aid knowledge (the younger the better as older people are generally more callous about stuff like this).

i went to see my friend who lives downstairs, he's a student doctor and came with me to the hospital, he's re done the sling and it actually feels a lot better. thanks for the ideas guys.

in terms of how/why, i' had a few arguments with a few people and got silly ass drunk and trashed my apartment, it was namely the chair that won.
    so no sympathy required, it's all self inflicted! thanks guys x