Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help me figure this one out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have 3 kids (and still live with) my ex im just there for the kids sakes if im honest they would be taken into care if i wasnt there. Only problem is i have gone and fallen for her best friend i have told her how i feel and she pretty much agrees, we have slept together a few times and my ex knows about it but it started an argument infront of the kids which i didnt want now seeing as it is her best friends should i just tell my ex to f**k off or should i just steer clear right out of it all i.e move away and apply for custody of the kids?

Comments

• Options
    If she's so bad that the kids would be taken into care without you being there, I don't think it would be in their interests to leave them with her. Is there an option for you to split up with her, keep the kids where they are and her move out?
  • Options
    Remind her that you are no longer in a relationship, and although you share your living space and the custody of the children, your romantic interests are nothing to do with her now.

Except maybe she doesn't like having her friend stolen away. Oh well.
  • Options
    why would they be taken into care? Dont you think you should finish one relationship before starting another, especially with her best mate - what kind of an arsehole are you?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    why would they be taken into care? Dont you think you should finish one relationship before starting another, especially with her best mate - what kind of an arsehole are you?

Ouch - if you read it, he has already ended the relationship with the mother of his children and the OP is not obliged to tell us why the children might go into care - I'm sure he has his reasons for suggesting that might happen. Sometimes people have feelings for those that could potentially cause friction in other relationships - often it is unfortunate - but it doesn't make the person an arsehole.
  • Options
    We split up well Over a year ago she has already said if she cant have me then no one can and the reason the kids would end up in care if i left is because when she has been left with them they dont get fed or changed and usually left in their cot all day untill i come home and the fact that she has to be told when to sort the kids out i have given her 28 days to buck up or move out yet she will just change her attitude till she thinks i have forgotten about it and start playing the ass again i dont know why they are best friends anyway 2 years ago my ex slept with her best mates b/f and as a result since then we have been getting it on and if i was really an arsehole, i would be stringing them both along in which case im not :D