Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

food poisoning??? (bit yuck, soz)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey!
last night at bout 6pm i ate a KFC. felt fine, went otu to the pub. i didnt drink as i was driving, was on coke+water all night. About 12.30 went home bcos i felt ill, then when i woke up this morning...bam!!!!
felt violently sick+constantly naseous. kept running back and to to the toilet+nearly fainted!!!
i felt ill last time i ate kfc (not from the same one), so could it be food poisoning. thought it may be the grease at first, but i eat there about twice a month+its only affected me the last 2 times.
anything anyone would recommend i do to make myself feel better??? my stomach is rubbling+unsettled, yet now i cant go to the toilet!!!
HELP!!

Comments

• Options
    well i'd reccoment never eating at kfc again. me and the missus got this once when we ate there. then again the kfc near me now has the nickname ratburger.
    Just sip water regulaly, keep nourished as best you can and sleep - lots!
    It'l be gone in no time! :hyper:
  • Options
    great!! ive got some coke to settle my stomach (normally works for me), and ive eaten some crips+a yoghurt. gonna go bed in a min :(
  • Options
    I'd suggest something similar to rolaids or imodium (I know this one says its for your but, but it really calms the stomache. I had food poisnening about a month ago and just took that and sipped on water, ate some toast when I felt ready to it.

Feel better.
  • Options
    thats weird that you should say that about kfc cos my friend had food poisoning after eating kfc and now he wont go near the place!
  • Options
    Seein as you were ill from 2 different kfcs it probably not food poisoning, its more likely that you've become intolerant to it. The more you eat the food the more intolerant you become, and the worse your reaction will be.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'd suggest something similar to rolaids or imodium (I know this one says its for your but, but it really calms the stomache. I had food poisnening about a month ago and just took that and sipped on water, ate some toast when I felt ready to it.

Feel better.
    no dont take imodium,

it will just stop you pooing, dihorea (sp?) is actually your bodys way of getting the bugs out of your system as quickly as possible. i know you didnt say anything about pooing lots just thort i would point that out

take dioralite (sp) mixed with lots of water to keep yourself hydrated

theres been a stomach bug going around here that just makes you very tired and throw up violently for about 12 hours comes on really quickly, leaves you feeling a bit drained for a couple of days afterwards, could be something like that
  • Options
    Seein as you were ill from 2 different kfcs it probably not food poisoning, its more likely that you've become intolerant to it. The more you eat the food the more intolerant you become, and the worse your reaction will be.
    I've been told by someone who used to work in a KFC that they dye the chicken to make it whiter. Maybe your allergic to the dye used??
  • Options
    I've been told by someone who used to work in a KFC that they dye the chicken to make it whiter. Maybe your allergic to the dye used??

thats the strangest thing ive ever heard :eek2: