Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

breakfast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know this is the wrong forum and yadda yadda but ill get a better response here for the time being

anyhow, each day i eat basically fuck all on the way out the door to work, maybe a biscuit or a bit of toast, then ill feel shit and have very little energy all day, then it'll be on to a lovely nutritious lunch after that from the chippy (had a chippy for lunch mostly every day, for cant remember how long)

so basically has anyone any ideas for any really high energy breakfast that's simple, fast and cheap .. something plain please as im a fussy cunt and dont like anything

but it really is gettin to the point where its affecting my work as it involves a lot of runnin around and i just dont ahve the energy/enthusisam

so aye, ideas for something that'll keep me tickin all day would be highly appreciated, as would any ideas for an alternative lunch!!

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    A breakfast bar contains enough energy to wake you up. Red Bull also helps, but seriously, it's not really that difficult to think of a solution is it??
  • Options
    i normally have 3 weetablix with a banana sliced on top. Its very filling and energy rich

depends really though, if you like weetabix and banana :P
  • Options
    i dont like weetabix :(

i like bananas :)

ok then, someone give a me a list of a few high enegry foods that are good to eat at that time of day!

sorry to make a whole post about it but my lifestyle is making my health slowly but steadily deteroriate and this is step one!
  • Options
    banana, yoghurt, corn-flakes, porridge (oats so simple or one of the easy microwave ones), couple slices toast and jam, beans on toast, egg sarnie

any of those.

I wouldnt choose a cereal bar on a regular basis, unless its a quality one, like a jordans muesli bar, as the others have about 6 spoons of sugar in each one
  • Options
    Cereal with milk, toast, juice, fruit, eggs...
  • Options
    Porridge is good as oats are slow release energy, so are a good start to the day.
  • Options
    aye this is the kinda stuff im talkin about

i dotn have much time in the morning so i cant make anything that takes any amount of time .. porridge is supposed to be good and gives youa steady enegry level until lunch time i believe ?

what would be a good high energy combination? and i dont care if its fattening, im underweight at the minute anyway

and what about break, between breakfast and lunch ?

the more i think about it the more important it is, id be 200% more efficent in work, im doing a trade which means im constantly learning, so i need to be in good form to pick stuff up .. and stumbling around with no enegry still kippered from the weekend isnt the way to go about it
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I have a large raspberry Yop everyday for breakfast. :yum: Fucking lovely!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yea porridge is good for breakfast.

Maybe a BLT sandwhich for break.

Don't drink coffee or to a lesser degree tea in the morning, stimulants make hppd worse and you'll only get a short bust of energy before feeling tired again.
  • Options
    A fruit smoothy is good. You can make it the night before and keep it in the fridge or you could buy a bottle of it.

I love porridge with raisins, cinnamon and raspberries. You can buy a big bag of frozen raspberries and just put in half a dozen or so. They defrost when you cook the porridge.

Also another tip (I do this) is put the oats, raisins, cinnamon and raspberries in a bowl the night before and then in the morning just add the milk and put it in the microwave.
  • Options
    bananas are good (and also portable shold you be running late one morning!)
    glass of fruit juice
    porridge or anything with oats in
    shreddies?
    erm..anything with sugar will give you a quick boost.

Have you thought of any alternatives to eating from the chippy everyday as this will add up to your feelings of no energy as well so maybe try a jacket potato from one of those wagons one day or take a pasta salad?
  • Options
    i never really eatmuch breakfast at all, mainly just hot oven cooked stuff
  • Options
    I have 2 weetabix with a banana, or some fruit.
  • Options
    i tend to have a bowl of wheetos with extra milk, then have a nice milkshake when i've eaten all the tasty chocolate rings. cant be that good for me.
    i'm always awake in the morning, but get really knackered after lunch.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Blah wrote:
    i normally have 3 weetablix with a banana sliced on top. Its very filling and energy rich

depends really though, if you like weetabix and banana :P
    I used to have exactly that when I was a kid :p

I don't eat breakfast now..
  • Options
    yep, i was gonna say fruit smoothy too.. prepare it the night before and leave it in the fridge and there you go!
    i usually have a bowl of ceral and some toast ot toast and some sort of fruit... to be honest, whatever breakfast you choose doesnt take long to prepare!
  • Options
    I never have breakfast now but I always found toast / jam gave me more energy than cereal (though i preferred cereal, i was torn each morning...life was hard)
  • Options
    I normally skip breakfast, never feel hungry at that time of morning anymore for some bizarre reason...

If anything though, toast or just a banana I guess.
  • Options
    i rarely eat breakfast

only if i'm absolutely ravenous when i wake up do i eat

if i eat breakfast and am not hungry i feel sick all day :(
  • Options
    I dont know how you lot can go without breakfast, its easily the most important meal of the day.

For quick, easy and good energy you cant beat two thick slices of decent bread and jam. And dont buy processed crap.