Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fringe's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heres my Current Style My question is would a fringe suit me? not like a straight cut fringe but a choppy fringe.... I cant find a good picture of ashlee simpson that shows the style I want but this one gives you an idea of what im after.

Any advice as to if its going to suit me or if i will regret it? And also how should I describe it to my hairdresser as pictures never look the same!

Comments

• Options
    yeh i think it'd suit you. not a fringe that goes all the way across though, just a side fringe i think. you can always pin it back till it grows back if you don't like it.
  • Options
    dont take this in an offensive way, but i dont think it would suit you because you have a very short forehead (which isnt a bad thing) i just dont think a fringe would look right at all, and i think it would make your face look really round
    though a longer side fringe could look ok, but i reckon if it sits on your eyebrows it might make you look a little strange...
  • Options
    Yeah i think that a side fringe that kid of sweeps over your face would look quite good especially if you got the rest of your hair layered/feathered and made that look a bit choppy as well.
  • Options
    beans youve knocked the nail on the head as to how I want it too look!

im really tempted to do it as im fed up of my plain style atm, and with a college interview tomurow I want to look good.
  • Options
    yes! i think sweepy side fringes and layers flatter most people.

i agree with the beanster too - if you get about an inch off the length and then have it all choppy and layered (although not with too short layers - your hair looks like it's got a kink, and you'll be fighting them forevermore) it'll look fab :thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks to you guys encouraging me I did it! :D

Now to show my boyfriend ..... :confused:

Anyway have attached a few photos...

Thanks for the advice guys...
  • Options
    it's a good cut, but that flicky hairdresser drying thing doesn't really do it for me. i think it'd look really nice straightened.

then again i always hate all my haircuts until i wash it and style it myself, so maybe i'm just overly fussy about such things?
  • Options
    I didn't much like the hair in the picture but what you've got looks cute.

Though the hair in my face thing would drive me over the edge. Props to you! :)
  • Options
    well i wouldn't call that a side fringe.. and i agree with kaffrin about the way it has been blow-dryed. but yeh, it looks cute.
  • Options
    thought you were having a fringe? ;)

doesn't look much like that picture of the fringe that you posted!

nice anyway.
  • Options
    I wouldn't call it a fringe but it looks cute!
  • Options
    IMHO I think you suit the way they dried your hair. It frames your face well. ANd to be honest not that many people suit dead straight hair. Anyway, its boring.
  • Options
    Yeah- i really like it. And I like the way they styles it- but then I have bad taste so... lol
  • Options
    Yeh like the other's said - it's a bad reproduction of a fringe...
    But it doesn't look awful or anything.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I think fringes are vomnit worthy. Your hair is nice.