Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why do we...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
... get drunk and work ourselves up into states about relationships which when we're sober we know were shit and that we're better off without them anyway? :crying: :impissed: :(

Comments

• Options
    JJ454 wrote:
    ... get drunk and work ourselves up into states about relationships which when we're sober we know were shit and that we're better off without them anyway? :crying: :impissed: :(
    Because we are only human.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Because we are only human.
    perfect answer :thumb:
  • Options
    when i get drunk i get negative and impatient about a relationship that, when i'm sober i know isn't perfect, but is well worth the effort, and makes me very happy. I hate alcohol- it makes me a grumpy cow
  • Options
    makes me a depressive cow :)
  • Options
    I would do this, on occaision I've been known to even text some of them and send them messages that, when read in my Outbox the next day look like, "hey rkdjn ......purple dog? remember so dufnynn!" :yeees:
    I dont know, when we're pissed our brains turn to shit really and we think about a lot of random things. As long as you realise you're better off when you sober up you're grand :thumb:
  • Options
    I hate sending drunk texts, I wake up so embarressed the nest day.

Yea, being drunk seems to bring the worse out of ya and you get really emotional.
  • Options
    I always wake up thankful that i don't have the drunken texting habit. Think it's because my brain just can't possibly work out how to think, see and text at the same time when it's had vodka.

I get very giggly, then loud and then i start to soul search when drunk. I get very analytical about things which in sober life wouldn't bother me. Drinking just intensifies feelings that probably are very minute usually. I woke up saturday thinking god you prat what on earth did you say. Flashback to drunken conversation about bloke i sort of fancy but am not hugely bothered about and me going on to his friend about how i know he doesn't fancy me but hey i can cope, wonder what i did to make him not fancy me etc. *cringe* :blush:
  • Options
    eek, text an ex syndrome. I've suffered this too many times- nowI'm careful to delete all traces of ex's existance from my phone!