Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Condom Split

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been seeing this girl for a few days now. On Tuesday we did everything apart from sex and she said I would sit on you but I ain't taken pill in ages. Next day we arrange to have sex and we use a condom.

All is going well but I was to scared to cum incase it had split so I pulled out and went bathroom.

It had split.

I felt so sick. I cried. This is only my 2nd time having sex at 18 so I don't sleep around a lot.

I came back and she seemed so calm.

She said don't worry and barely said a word.

After a lot of screaming at her she told me she was on the pill since Saturday and only told me she wasn't as an excuse. She then said she can't have kids but takes the pill because her periods hurt.

She acted like she didn't care and all this. I made her promise to take the morning after pill and she said "I'm not sure if I can, as I'm on lots of drugs for my condition.". I got her to promise she'll ask, etc, but she don't seem interested.

She said she doesn't want a kid but I feel so sick with worry. I'm still crying.

Comments

• Options
    so... she was on the pill at the time you had sex, you didnt cum inside of her, but the condom had already split?

you're pretty much safe from pregnancy to be honest, seeing as she was on the pill :yes:

oh, screaming at her is not going to make your relationship last very long though.
  • Options
    If she takes morning after pill, what percentage is it that she won't get pregenant?
  • Options
    the fact of the matter is that she is 99% likely to NOT be pregnant if she was on the pill. this possibility is probably even larger seeing as you didnt actually cum inside of her

the morning after pill is designed to work up to 70ish hours after having unprotected sex, with decreasing probability of it working. there some info on TheSite somewhere... let me find it

edit: here is pretty much all you need to know about it.

but to be honest, so long as she actually was on the pill, you're pretty much safe :yes:

many many people rely solely on the pill for contraception, without the use of a condom.
  • Options
    Calm down.

Every time you have sex with a woman there is risk of pregnancy and disease. Yes, you take steps to reduce those risks, but if you aren't prepared to face them stop fucking.

Yes, she seems to be very blasé about it, but faced with someone who is over-reacting, that's probably the route I'd take to try to calm things down. While it is OK to raise the morning after pill, to rant at someone until agree to take it is quite unacceptable. All in all, after this display you wouldn't be part of my life.

You should get yourself down the GUM clinic for a check up.

Have you any idea what caused the split? you did remember to pull your foreskin back?
  • Options
    Remember you have to have been taking the pill for 7 days before sex for it to be fully effective. If she only went on it on the saturday it may not have been working
  • Options
    so u didnt cum, u wore a condom(yes it broke), she cant have kids and shes on the pill? Calm down =s
  • Options
    They wouldn't give her the morning after pill as it effects her current drugs but they gave her some cream stuff you put up there or something. They said it's just as good as morning after pill. True?
  • Options
    They wouldn't give her the morning after pill as it effects her current drugs but they gave her some cream stuff you put up there or something. They said it's just as good as morning after pill. True?

Well I don't think they would have lied?
  • Options
    Remember you have to have been taking the pill for 7 days before sex for it to be fully effective. If she only went on it on the saturday it may not have been working

Yea I was just thinking that.

It will all be good, I mean, if she says she cant have kids, and you didnt cum inside her, then you'll be ok. And if she does get pregnant and expects you to stay around, I would think that kinda rude because, really you were the one panicking and she wasnt caring. *shrugs* it'll be good :D
  • Options
    They said, or she said they said?

From the information you've given ("cream stuff", "or something") I'd guess we're talking about a spermicide - which can be effective if used at the time of the incident. But contraception isn't my strong suit. Read the leaflet that came with the stuff
  • Options
    :yeees: You're 18 ffs, you sound more like you're about 15! even though the condom split you were still wearing one and you say she was on the pill anyway, whats the problem. the chances of her getting pregnant are about this big.
  • Options
    Smaller than that :naughty:
  • Options
    Look at it this way. If you had unprotected sex and came inside her and she wasn't on the pill, then statistically speaking, she wouldn't get pregnant. Not that I'd advocate that though. You're in the clear mate :thumb:
  • Options
    yeah i agree

seriously dont worry about it

there are 4 reasons y she is not pregnent
    1) was on the pill (even though it may not work yet u still have 3 other reaons)
    2) you didnt cum so no sprem got inside her anyway
    3) u wore a condom in case a bit got in - even if it split
    4) she cant have kids anyway?! so not gonna get pregnent is she

I think you should perhaps worry more about your relationships with this person - that sounds like a pretty rough night :eek:

gd luck
  • Options
    Try not to panic about it. For one if she cant have children why are you getting so worked up? Im sure what she is saying is true and if you are doubting that your relationship probably wont go to far.

If the condom split and you hadnt come well there you go even smaller chance.

I wouldnt be so paranoid if I was you. Sex is supposed to be fun. If she cant have children and is on the pill you have double protection already!