Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anger - GRRRR

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Like the title? was my attempt at being scary, woooo :rolleyes:
Anyway, erm..

i seem to have an anger problem at the moment and have had it for the past couple of months, i just seem to flip when even the slightest thing pisses me off.
I've been finding things that have never bothered me before really getting on my nerves and i just keep 'snapping' so to speak.
I've not attacked anyone violently (dont get the urge to either) i just verbally assult them and have ended up in quite a few shouting arguments lately.

These seem to have come from nowhere though, that i can think of, so why are they happening?

Comments

• Options
    I guess you could be under a lot of stress. Do you reckon it stems from anything that has been going on?
  • Options
    I give shit replies because I missed out your last sentence.
  • Options
    haha, dont worry :)
  • Options
    are you stressed or unhappy? i remember you saying that you kept snapping at your girlfriend. is it just her that you get angry with?
  • Options
    :S, i cant even remember saying that..wierd.. anyway..
    I have been getting angry with her probably the most but its not exclusively her, quite a few of my friends have got into arguments with me as well.
    Things seem to work out ok in the end and i havent lost any mates or the gf yet but i think its because afterwards we'll look back and realise there was nothing to even argue about...
  • Options
    i think you said it in the thread you made when you was deciding whether to break up with your girlf.
    are you getting enough sleep? has your diet changed? are you a teenager? :p
    if not then it might be something underlying that you have to figure out.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    are you getting enough sleep? has your diet changed? are you a teenager? :p

probably not, nope and nope :p

I doubt its the sleep though because for as long as i can remember ive hardly had as much sleep as i probably should
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    icey wrote:
    probably not, nope and nope :p

I doubt its the sleep though because for as long as i can remember ive hardly had as much sleep as i probably should

Hey Icey,

It's good to hear you have friends and a girlfriend to support you.

Have a look at this Q&A from Net doctor I know the question differs from your situation, but do any of the reasons for anger sound plausible?
    I hope you are able to get some good rest soon - sleep makes a difference to so many things in our lives ;)
  • Options
    hmm...yes that site does have some usefull information, especially the bit about worrying about the future, i have been thinking a lot about getting into uni and worrying about passing my current course so it would be something to do with that....thanks
  • Options
    i found it passed. must go in phases for me.

try to control it as best you can.

i lost my job for gross misconduct because i retaliated to another member of staff by punching her in the face.
  • Options
    IT happens a lot with me, when I get stressed.

I'm in a bit of a shite job in the minute, and its making me ratty and irritable. Stress doesn't have to be a big thing. Worrying about uni, worrying about partners, worrying about work all adds up to stress in some people.

Try and get more sleep. Go and have long hot baths. Try to avoid alcohol. I know I'm always a lot more aggressive when I'm tired, dirty and drunk.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    IT happens a lot with me, when I get stressed.

I'm in a bit of a shite job in the minute, and its making me ratty and irritable. Stress doesn't have to be a big thing. Worrying about uni, worrying about partners, worrying about work all adds up to stress in some people.

Try and get more sleep. Go and have long hot baths. Try to avoid alcohol. I know I'm always a lot more aggressive when I'm tired, dirty and drunk.

advice taken on board, thanks.
    I am learning (slowly) to control it and i have stopped myself getting angry a few times when i know its about to start. tbh i think it is the stress of getting into uni and passing my current course thats causing it, only thing i can think of thats changed lately.