Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Suprise Suprise Souness Sacked

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Story....

HERE

I still don't know why they appointed him in the first place.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Every struggling team now needs to keep there fingers crossed that there club doesn't decide to sack the manger and appoint souness.
  • Options
    Story....

HERE

I still don't know why they appointed him in the first place.

Because there was nobody else around at the time. My question is who takes over after Roeder because him n Shearer only have 12 weeks.

Ooo the tension, I love it and thats why I'm a Newcastle supporter, well that and the fact I was born there.

Bring back Keegan!! xx
  • Options
    I think Curbishley will get the job and once they get their full squad back plus another couple of signings they'll be a force to be reckoned with - certainly pushing into the top 5 or 6.
  • Options
    Keegan would be a huge mistake.

I was listening to the Three Legends phone-in, and I agreed with their suggestion of Hitzfeld. He's got proven track record at huge clubs, and I think he'd get the best out of what is a very good squad of players.

Souness was a joke. He was an "enforcer", and enforcers don't work with top players. It works well with mediocre players, but how can you bully someone who's earning £100k a week? They just laugh at you, and then demand a money-spinning transfer.

I don't understand the bile towards a lot of the players though. Souness was tactically inept. But he did have an eye for players- I reckon Luque will be a good player, you cannot fault any of Souness' signings, except possibly Moore. But then I don't get why Moore isn't played, he's certainly better than Bramble.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

I don't understand the bile towards a lot of the players though. Souness was tactically inept. But he did have an eye for players- I reckon Luque will be a good player, you cannot fault any of Souness' signings, except possibly Moore. But then I don't get why Moore isn't played, he's certainly better than Bramble.

What about Boumsong? He's terrible.

I think Keegan would be great, I think it takes a lot more than just being a good manager to manage Newcastle. They need someone that the fans will love.

The main damage Souness made in my opinion was in selling players. The likes of Bellamy for example.

I kno, I'm a girl and don't live in Newcastle now so you might say I'm unqualified but thats my honest opinion.

Mainly though I would say....please God not Sven!!

Sx
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    They are the next Leeds.

Going down.
  • Options
    myhumps wrote:
    What about Boumsong? He's terrible.

He's not that bad, but he is overpriced. He was good at Monaco, and Liverpool were desperate to sign him.
    I think Keegan would be great, I think it takes a lot more than just being a good manager to manage Newcastle. They need someone that the fans will love.

It does, which is why Newcastle will never be successful.

The most successful manager in recent times was Dalglish, but the fans hated his football. His second place finish is always ignored by the Mags- they'd dream of that now.

If Dalglish had been manager of Newcastle the Toon would not have thrown the title away in 1996.
    The main damage Souness made in my opinion was in selling players. The likes of Bellamy for example.

I think he was right to boot Bellamy out, to be honest.

Either you obey your manager, or you leave. Bellamy decided to leave.
  • Options
    He was the wrong man, and I've never rated him as a manager. However I think that the Newcastle "faithful" should look inwards too.

Sooner the Toon fans accept that they don't have a divine right to win anything the better. Might remove that chip from their shoulders and give a manager a chance to actually do something.

Success there will take time, from where they are now.