Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Embarrasing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since having James, sex hurts. What do you think the doctor would do if i went to see him? Do you think he would refer me to a gynocologist or want to look himself? :nervous:

I didn't go all the way naturally when having James (got to the pushing stage and ended up emergency c section) so i wouldn't have thought i would have been affected.
What do you think it could be? :( its like someone has razorblades inside me. We have tired lube and or condoms too to no avail.

I put it here rather than sex as i see it as a health issue btw.

Comments

• Options
    aw not sure what advise to give hun sorry, hugs in the meantime tho :)
  • Options
    Im still a bit sore too since Abbie but Im putting that down to the fact it was only 10 weeks ago I popped her out and I tore.

Have you had the pain continuously since James or does it come and go? Either way I'd still go to the docs, they probably will want a look, try not to worry :)
  • Options
    yeah theres only been a handfull of times it didnt hurt :( needless to say i dont want it much. but i am kinda sick of it.
    And yes its different for you, you tore etc, james didnt even come all the way out that way.
  • Options
    Definitely go to the docs then, sex shouldnt hurt. You might have a wee infection or something, pain deep in your pelvis is usually the sign of that.
  • Options
    no its not an infection, plus when i did have one, once it cleared up it still hurt.
    I had a smear not long after james and she never said anything looked odd lol.
    Oh well i guess after 2 years i should get it checked out!!!!
  • Options
    you really need to go to the doctor about it. It shouldnt hurt - well not you tweety anyway, i dont think you need to worry to much just yet GV, although if it continues, then definitely.
    Sex didnt hurt me afterwards, although it was ages and ages before I had sex again after childbirth, and I didnt tear at all.
  • Options
    You should ask to see a gynaecologist.
  • Options
    Just to say, yes, any long-standing pain is serious, and you need it checked out.

It might be something simple, it could be dangerous. But pain is the body's way of saying something's wrong.

Go to the doctor, ask to see a gyno. Don't be too proud to, and don't be too shy or scared to. You should have done it sooner, hon.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Since having James, sex hurts. What do you think the doctor would do if i went to see him? Do you think he would refer me to a gynocologist or want to look himself? :nervous:
    You could request to see a female GP if you'd feel more comfortable.