Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I have liked this girl for a while now and we are really close, we spend a lot of time together and she invites me out and to parties etc. I really like her. Anyway, last night we went to a party and she got with this guy shes never really met before and he says he likes her. She was very drunk but she said she wouldnt have a relationship with him, they slept together that night but no sex - I was in the room too (sad as it may appear, but a few people were). Anyway, is this a clear sign that she would never go out with me or that she considers me just a friend. She does get very horny when she is drunk and could have gone for the best looking guy. Its weird because I was getting all the signs when she was sober, she wanted to spend time with me, go places and talk etc.

Yeah so what do you think the situation is with that? I heard her call me her best friend last night which makes me feel that thats all I am or could be, which is a shame ... well from my point of view.

Comments

• Options
    Lawton wrote:
    Right, I have liked this girl for a while now and we are really close, we spend a lot of time together and she invites me out and to parties etc. I really like her. Anyway, last night we went to a party and she got with this guy shes never really met before and he says he likes her. She was very drunk but she said she wouldnt have a relationship with him, they slept together that night but no sex - I was in the room too (sad as it may appear, but a few people were). Anyway, is this a clear sign that she would never go out with me or that she considers me just a friend. She does get very horny when she is drunk and could have gone for the best looking guy. Its weird because I was getting all the signs when she was sober, she wanted to spend time with me, go places and talk etc.

Yeah so what do you think the situation is with that? I heard her call me her best friend last night which makes me feel that thats all I am or could be, which is a shame ... well from my point of view.

If she said to people you are her best friend I think chance of a relationship pretty low unfortunatly...
  • Options
    If she said to people you are her best friend I think chance of a relationship pretty low unfortunatly...
    Not necessarily...I'd totally have a relationship with my best friend, if the circumstances were not as they are.
  • Options
    Hmm, apart from the friend bit - does getting with another guy completely write me out of the equation?
  • Options
    Lawton wrote:
    Hmm, apart from the friend bit - does getting with another guy completely write me out of the equation?
    No.
  • Options
    If she's your best friend then can you not talk to her about this without risk of loosing her altogether?
  • Options
    Thats true, I'll ask her about whats going on and i should tell her how I feel.
  • Options
    If you arse about trying not to be flirty and sexual then she won't see you as flirty and sexual. So she will only see you as a friend.

The only way you'll know is if you ask her out, tell her how you feel, ask her where you stand. How you do it can be tricky, but its no use asking us if she likes you.

She may well not fancy you. She very well may not have ever thought of you like that.

The fact you're friends means nothing. But you have to show yourself as more than that, and be prepared to be rejected, in order to be lovers.