Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Foundation for Ruddy/Red Skin.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, well I have the usual adolescent skin, except on and around my nose, which tends to get really red and blotchy looking. My nose actually looks sunburnt a lot of the time. So I have to doss on a ton of concealer to even it out. I think it must be hereditary, as my mums got quite a pink face aswell. Plus it doesn't change, no matter how much make-up I wear/which products I use/what I eat.

So I was wondering, are there any creams or face washes to even out complexion? I don't really wanna buy those green cover-sticks, as I kinda wanna cut down on make-up.

I don't really know the first place to look - I guessed that there may be something in an older skin-care range, as a girls complexion tends to get more uneven with age?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks x

Comments

• Options
    um, maybe try some anti-ageing stuff that helps blotchyness?
  • Options
    There's products that are green that you put on the redness and the green counter-acts the redness and you put it under foundation.
  • Options
    Physicians Formula If you have that brand there, I'd suggest the (scroll all the way down) green one for redness. I have it for summer time when I turn red and I love it. Here its sold anywhere make up is, fyi, just in case. My 2p ;)
  • Options
    firstly avoid hot showers and spicy foods as they can make redness worse.
    i'd go to your doctor first to check you don't have acne rosacea, i think it's most common in older women in their 40's but its worth checking, he might be able to give you something.
    in the meantime just be gentle with your skin, use a good moisturiser etc and don't over wash it or use hot water. i'd suggest the green make-up base, i think no7 used to do one? i might be wrong though. put it on then use a good foundation instead of concealer - if you use a decent one with good coverage it will block out the redness and also look less cakey, then put powder on over the top. i've just started using maybelline matt mousse which covers up my rosy winter cheeks and my blushes very well :)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    pinkvans wrote:
    i think no7 used to do one?
    yeah they still do, i bought it the other day, around £10 i think..dont hold me to it!
    pinkvans wrote:
    i've just started using maybelline matt mousse
    aahh yay, another convert! i think TheSite is keeping maybelline in business! *goes off to buy shares!*
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    yeah they still do, i bought it the other day, around £10 i think..dont hold me to it!

aahh yay, another convert! i think TheSite is keeping maybelline in business! *goes off to buy shares!*

I must ask, how long does that last for? Mine only last like 3/4 a day so I want an all day one :p
  • Options
    Bobbi Brown always recommends using yellow toned concealers on every skin colour/type. Using green, pink or purple will only make you look green, pink or purple.

So I say, invest in a really good yellow toned concealer....

Ilora x
  • Options
    Oh just re-read the OP and I just read that you didn't want the green stuff oops.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I must ask, how long does that last for? Mine only last like 3/4 a day so I want an all day one :p
    the green stuff? - it lasts all of the day, but to be honest i only really need it if im too hot, too cold or drunk and ive not experienced drunkness due to these damn antibiotics! therefore i wouldnt know if by the end of the day its still working, because it might be that my skin is just normal. ill let you know next week when i get smashed! but its good stuff if you can get it shipped over and its a big enough bottle so should last a while.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    the green stuff? - it lasts all of the day, but to be honest i only really need it if im too hot, too cold or drunk and ive not experienced drunkness due to these damn antibiotics! therefore i wouldnt know if by the end of the day its still working, because it might be that my skin is just normal. ill let you know next week when i get smashed! but its good stuff if you can get it shipped over and its a big enough bottle so should last a while.

Actually I ment the mabeline mouse, but thanks for that ;)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Actually I ment the mabeline mouse, but thanks for that ;)
    hahaha! silly blonde emma got confused again! yeah the foundation lasts all day, and all night. in fact if i forget/cant be arsed to take it off the night before its still on the next day..though obv not lookin quite as good as the morning before. and ive not used all that much. and its cool, coz it turns to a powder...magic!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    hahaha! silly blonde emma got confused again! yeah the foundation lasts all day, and all night. in fact if i forget/cant be arsed to take it off the night before its still on the next day..though obv not lookin quite as good as the morning before. and ive not used all that much. and its cool, coz it turns to a powder...magic!

shame you don't get any converter profits. i'm gonna go out and buy it now. It sounds real good.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    shame you don't get any converter profits. i'm gonna go out and buy it now. It sounds real good.

:yes: i never wore foundation before because i tried it once and it made my face feel all icky. this stuff is amazing, only need a weeny lil bit, feels so light and soft and well it's just awesome :P

FilthyChav! :wave: I just realised you said you wanted to cut down on make up? Sorry I wasn't more helpful before. Avoiding extremely hot or cold water still applies. I would suggest using a gentle cleanser like dove or something from the simple range to wash your face with as plenty of things, particularily washes for spotty teenage skin are full of really nasty and irritating ingedients and don't work anyway. Pat don't scrub your face dry! And then use a gentle moisturiser like nivea creme or olay fragrance free. I have very sensitive skin and I find it works for me.
  • Options
    I have a green cover up stick and it doesn't look green once you have foundation on.