Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tired/fatigue?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the past few months I've been really tired all the time, I'll go to bed at 12 or 1 and find it difficult to get up til at least 11, sometimes later. Sometimes I stay in bed cos I'm too tired to get up and drift off to sleep and sometimes I just won't wake up. I keep turning off my alarm in my sleep too. Also if I get up early, like 8 o clock, I'll be tired by about 5 o clock and fall back asleep and won't be able to concentrate on anything during the day cos I feel so tired.

Anyone have any idea what this may be? I used to be borderline aneamic but I take iron supplement every day so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm also taking Citalopram but the tiredness started before I started taking them. I have a healthy diet etc so I don't understand what the problem is...unless I'm just plain lazy!

Any help appriciated :)

Comments

• Options
    8am is not early!!!!!!! Try getting up at 5.45 on weekday mornings and then you know what early is!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Try going to bed earlier.

I suffer with fatigue a lot but as I go to bed at about 10pm - 11pm each night I find it easier to get up early, like 6.30am.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    8am is not early!!!!!!! Try getting up at 5.45 on weekday mornings and then you know what early is!

lol well yeah exactly its not even like its that early. even if i go to bed before 11 i still have the same problem
  • Options
    Try going to bed earlier.

:yes:
  • Options
    have the iron levels in your blood checked. i had the same problems and blamed it on medication but had my blood checked and it turns out im very low in iron.
  • Options
    how long have you been on citalopram?

When i was on them, i literally slept most of the day. I'd get up about noon (which would be a struggle) and then I'd fall asleep for a bit in the afternoon, and then would be sound asleep by 8pm. when i wasn't asleep i wanted to be.

also, i'm guessing that if you're taking them, you're depressed? tiredness and a general feeling of being worn out is often a symptom of that.