Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

spray tan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone know if its all the same colour for everyone or if it gives you a light medium or dark tan depending on your natural skin tone?
Coz im quite light skinned and would like it done but i dont want to say medium then come out looking really (unnaturally) dark...

Comments

• Options
    at the local place to me you can have either light medium or dark.
  • Options
    at the local place to me you can have either light medium or dark.

Dark = Jodie Marsh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    what i mean though is will my skin tone make a difference? for example, if a naturally quite dark skinned person went and got a dark tan, would it look darker than if a light skinned person got the same thing, or would it not change their tone much as they are naturally dark skinned?
    Just asking as i dont want to ask for a light tan and hardly tell the difference, but then i dont want to get a medium tan and be really dark
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    what i mean though is will my skin tone make a difference? for example, if a naturally quite dark skinned person went and got a dark tan, would it look darker than if a light skinned person got the same thing, or would it not change their tone much as they are naturally dark skinned?
    Just asking as i dont want to ask for a light tan and hardly tell the difference, but then i dont want to get a medium tan and be really dark

I don't have the knowledge on this, but my guess would be it's similar to getting your hair dyed? So it does the same amount of change, but depends on the starting colour as to what it ends up like? That's just a guess though :confused:
  • Options
    I don't have the knowledge on this, but my guess would be it's similar to getting your hair dyed? So it does the same amount of change, but depends on the starting colour as to what it ends up like? That's just a guess though :confused:

yes! thats exactly the point i was trying to get at, anyone know for sure on this one?
  • Options
    Yeah there are usually three different shades, light, medium and dark. I am fair-skinned but always go for the medium one and it still looks natural. Sometimes I wash my face when I get home though so the tan doesn't develop quite as much on the face. It fades with showers etc you get more for your money really with the medium one.