Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

BNP scumbags Griffin and crony found not guilty

According to the BBC;
"A jury at Leeds Crown Court has cleared BNP leader Nick Griffin of two racial hatred charges and BNP activist Mark Collett of four others. The jury has been discharged after failing to reach verdicts on the remaining charges - four against Mr Collett and two against Mr Griffin. Mr Griffin, 44, and Mr Collett, 24, had denied using words intended to stir up hatred in West Yorkshire in 2004. Mr Griffin said the verdicts were a 'tremendous victory for freedom'."

Story - click this.

I'm not sure what to make of this. All I know for certain is that I'm devastated to see a mad racist like Griffin being found innocent by a court of law. If he'd been found guilty, even if there were complaints of politically correct influence, I would have welcomed the verdict. And let's also remember this on an unrelated note. Griffin likes to remind us that Jews, for instance, are thiefs and criminals. I find this a strange accusation coming from a man who leads a party that is filled with members with criminal records.

Anyway, I can already see that Aladdin is foaming at the mouth wanting to vent his understandable frustration at the verdict, so I'll give way now. :p

What do you all make of the news?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You've done most of the talking for me, mate ;)

I'm not sure on which grounds he was found innocent. These people usually make an art out of suggesting things but not quite saying them, and of walking on a tightrope on the every edge of illegality.
  • Options
    The good news of course is that Mr Griffin won't be standing on many platforms giving lectures in the future for fear of inciting racial hatred.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    According to the BBC;
    "A jury at Leeds Crown Court has cleared BNP leader Nick Griffin of two racial hatred charges and BNP activist Mark Collett of four others. The jury has been discharged after failing to reach verdicts on the remaining charges - four against Mr Collett and two against Mr Griffin. Mr Griffin, 44, and Mr Collett, 24, had denied using words intended to stir up hatred in West Yorkshire in 2004. Mr Griffin said the verdicts were a 'tremendous victory for freedom'."

Story - click this.

I'm not sure what to make of this. All I know for certain is that I'm devastated to see a mad racist like Griffin being found innocent by a court of law. If he'd been found guilty, even if there were complaints of politically correct influence, I would have welcomed the verdict. And let's also remember this on an unrelated note. Griffin likes to remind us that Jews, for instance, are thiefs and criminals. I find this a strange accusation coming from a man who leads a party that is filled with members with criminal records.

Anyway, I can already see that Aladdin is foaming at the mouth wanting to vent his understandable frustration at the verdict, so I'll give way now. :p

What do you all make of the news?

Have you actually paid attention to the trial? Griffin has said nothing - and i mean absolutely nothing - worthy of prosecution.

If someone isn't allowed to criticise Islam at a private meeting then we are living under nothing less than an ideological tyranny. Brilliant :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Have you actually paid attention to the trial? Griffin has said nothing - and i mean absolutely nothing - worthy of prosecution.

If someone isn't allowed to criticise Islam at a private meeting then we are living under nothing less than an ideological tyranny. Brilliant :rolleyes:
    Think of SG as the human equivilent of The Sun and The Daily Mail. He overreacts to everything.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:

not quite, the references to religions imo he's perfectly allowed to make, however the comments he made about asians in general were extremely disgusting
  • Options
    not quite, the references to religions imo he's perfectly allowed to make, however the comments he made about asians in general were extremely disgusting

What did he say?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    What did he say?

im not searching atm - there was the comment about them being gang rapists etc

personally i'd rather they didn't get the news coverage though, they are about as coherant as a nonstick pan in terms of policy :p
  • Options
    who cares? Unless he's encouraging his followers to go and kick the shit out of people let the man say what he wants.
  • Options
    im not searching atm - there was the comment about them being gang rapists etc

personally i'd rather they didn't get the news coverage though, they are about as coherant as a nonstick pan in terms of policy :p

He was talking about spates of gang rapes in Yorkshire perpretrated by gangs of muslims, not describing all asians as gang rapists.

As always, the truth is in the detail.

If you read a transcipt of what Griffin said, or listen to the recording itself, then it's clear what he said is perfectly acceptable.

All views should be allowed a political platform in a stable, democratic society. Arguments don't stand or fall on whether they're deemed acceptable or not, they stand or fall when brought into focus by society and actually studied.
  • Options
    Well at least he's out in the open where he can be killed by the very same racial hatrids he's responsible for creating.
  • Options
    Was anyone else deeply disturbed by Griffin talking about ''a victoriy for freedom of speech'' outside Court?

Perhaps it's just silly me, unfairly wanting to stop vermin from spreading their filth. How intolerant of me, really...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Perhaps it's just silly me, unfairly wanting to stop vermin from spreading their filth. How intolerant of me, really...
    yup, pretty much.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Was anyone else deeply disturbed by Griffin talking about ''a victoriy for freedom of speech'' outside Court?

Orchestrated disorder and violence would be the obvious result of forcing the extreme right to become sub rosa. It's a terrible idea.
  • Options
    Meh, im quite a conservative/right wing of politics kind of person, but i disagree greatly with the BNP on many if not most issues, but i can say this, they are inconsiquential and insignificant persons! There part is thuggish and weak! Their support has been mostly protest votes rather then support! They are not in anyway as classy or intellectual as the Black Shirts of the 1930's of Oswald Mosley.
  • Options
    He's a git, and I'd really rather he didnt say the things he says, but unless you are specifically inciting violence you should be allowed to say it.

On the plus side, this case will have scared them a little and they will (probably) think before they speak again.
  • Options
    I dont think it will scare them it will probably make them braver perhaps he'd like to be a marter especialy if he faced a number of trials before being found guilty, he could claim he's being persecuted by the "liberal elite" or who ever he thinks.

But I dont agree with the prosocution and I especialy dont agree with a retrial, it seems to be playing into his hands, "proving" that he's being targeted.

Is this law applied fairly, I know abu Hamza's on trial but he got away with a lot more for a lot longer, are there any others who might say similer things to not on trial.
  • Options
    Is this law applied fairly, I know abu Hamza's on trial but he got away with a lot more for a lot longer, are there any others who might say similer things to not on trial.

How people from the Animal Liberation Front (is it front or army?) dont get charged with inciting violence is totally beyond me, they are terrorists plain and simple.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Yes, me too. Nick Griffin is a vile, nasty racist, but he isn't stupid. He used the trial as a public relations exercise, to try to show the BNP's "moderate" stance. In truth, they are the same nasty scum that they always have been.

As for claims that I won't tolerate Muslim criticism, I myself have been very critical in the last few hours about these cartoons. Yes, they are utterly offensive to Islam. But the way some people are making their feelings known - by storming the EU's buildings in Gaza is disgraceful. (and for the record, why does the EU have offices there?)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    (and for the record, why does the EU have offices there?)

Because we give them lots of money.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Because we give them lots of money.
    To waste on stupid political projects. Then the EU has the gall to say they need more money and they're going to give us an EU tax. Honestly, I can't wait for this institution to keel over and die.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    To waste on stupid political projects. Then the EU has the gall to say they need more money and they're going to give us an EU tax. Honestly, I can't wait for this institution to keel over and die.

Not really, its more to stop the Palestinians starving, they are having a bit of a bad time of it at the moment.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Not really, its more to stop the Palestinians starving, they are having a bit of a bad time of it at the moment.
    Palestinians recently voted for terrorism instead of peace. They can't expect to receive more of our money for encouraging terrorists.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Palestinians recently voted for terrorism instead of peace. They can't expect to receive more of our money for encouraging terrorists.

The same could be said for MP's from Northern Ireland in the past, but we kept paying their wages. Life isnt quite as simple as you seem to think.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    M They are not in anyway as classy or intellectual as the Black Shirts of the 1930's of Oswald Mosley.

I wouldn't agree with that.

The ideological strands of 'intellectual fascism' are still present with Griffin and company, but that more 'intellectual' side is presented sparingly as it doesn't fit with the BNP's whiter-than-white PR attempt.

John Tyndall ripped off Mosley's style and presentation bigtime before Griffin changed tac.