Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Not charging??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently got a Nokia 6680 from a friend and all is perfectly fine with it except one thing - when i plug the charger in it says "not charging" and I have no idea why. Anyone had this before or know what's up with it?

Comments

• Options
    I recently got a Nokia 6680 from a friend and all is perfectly fine with it except one thing - when i plug the charger in it says "not charging" and I have no idea why. Anyone had this before or know what's up with it?

i think it isnt charging
  • Options
    Yeah thanks for that. :|

It's just strange that it appears to have recognised the charger going in and everything, but it just isn't charging.
  • Options
    test the charger
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    test the charger

The phone recognises the charger, as when you put it in it says on the phone screen "not charging".
  • Options
    Is the battery really old? I only ask because if you charge it up too many times (not sure how many) the battery gets worn out and won't charge.
  • Options
    if the phone recognises the charger has connected ...probably something wrong with charger.
  • Options
    How full is the battery? it may not let you charge if it is too full.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sounds like a battery fault.
  • Options
    Or a bad connection... i used to have a market in car charger that did exactly that! But, if I held it a certain way it would charge- which is not a good idea when you're drving!
  • Options
    Try fiddling with the wire a bit, bending it near the end etc. Otherwise, try taking the battery and sim card out, leave it for 5mins, then put them back in. Also have you tried charging it when it's switched off? If none of those work then I don't know!
  • Options
    Happened to my old phone. The thing where the charger plugs into the phone was fucked up. I took it in and they said the only way to fix it was get a new phone.
  • Options
    if the phone recognises the charger has connected ...probably something wrong with charger.

Yeah...it was an mp3 charger :blush::blush::blush:

I picked it up in a rush. The damn thing looks identical to a Nokia charger though. Naturally the problem is sorted now!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    MrG wrote:
    i think it isnt charging
    :lol: Eheheheh! I found that entirley too funny.

Erm, hit it with a hammer. It just get a new battery, clean the contacts of cahrger and phone etc.