Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hmm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just broke up with the girlfriend, was right decision but feel ... wierd.

Not much point to this post just wanted to write it down. I don't know, how are you?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not doing to bad.

What do you mean by weird?

Like missing her or doubting or something?

Also if you were with her for a while it can be strange knowing
    you'll not spend as much time and thinking of all the time passed together...

Anyway, hope it is just weird and you aint feeling down :thumb:
  • Options
    time is a great healer :yes:
  • Options
    It's completely normal to feel weird, it'd be weird if you didn't...if you catch my drift. :confused:

If you know it was the right decision and the feeling you're experiencing isn't "regret" as such, then it'll just take some time to adjust. It's bizarre going from being someone's other half (so to speak) to being their...well, nowt really. Or their mate, at best.

Feel better/less weird. ;)
  • Options
    Well I just found out that she also slept with one of my best mates. I don't think I can remember feeling quite so shit.

At least I don't feel wierd anymore.
  • Options
    This will sound like an awful thing to say, but at least it vindicates your feeling that it was the right decision to end things.

I'm sorry to hear that though, I can empathise to a degree (not that it helps you at all), and at least feeling angry is better than feeling nothing - in a way.

If you need to rant about cheating scumbags then I'm only a PM away, and that's my favourite kind of rant. This is a completely redundant thing to say, but try not to let this get you down...for too long, anyway. :)
  • Options
    I'm ok, me and Mr Scyther are havin probs but this time I don't think we'll sort it out. It's funny, sometimes you don't miss the water in the well til it's gone :(
  • Options
    This is agony. How long does it take to go away? Finding it difficult to cope with this
  • Options
    A couple of months (you probably didn't want to hear that though)
  • Options
    it depends on the person really. it took me a long while, but i finally got there.
  • Options
    It'll get better soon, try to keep doing stuff to take your mind off it for now.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    This is agony. How long does it take to go away? Finding it difficult to cope with this

*Hugs* mate
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    time is a great healer :yes:
    :)

Err, wait and find out? ;)

Anyway, I'm good!
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I suppose on the up side I can indulge in a serious amount of alcoholism now ... silver lining and all that ;)
  • Options
    *hugs* Hope you are ok mate.