Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Men and cardio

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I heard the most stupidest thing ever yesteday. After not even 10 minutes the man stopped doing cardio and said he was going to do some weights. I polietly told him it would help him if he did a bit more. He told me that men don't have to do as much cardio as women "read any mens fitness magazine" :roleyes: That sounded like the most stupidest thing I've ever heard. (especialyl since he just quite after about 7 minutes :\ )
So whats the truthfulness on this?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The truth is...... Men lie :yes:

Actually, I don't know, but I doubt it very much.... Tell him you would like to see scientific evidence :D
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    The truth is...... Men lie :yes:

I know ;)

All he does is whine and bitch and complain about his tummy until I want to rip my own ears off, then when we get to the gym, he walks for a bit then comes back later, oh i just did 10 sets of 10 on my shoulders, the one and only machine i do here grr i'm a manly man, lets go home now :rolleyes: yes, i never whine here ;)
  • Options
    At least your brave enough to go the gym with him....

I refuse to go with my boyfriend. he's been talking about joining one for months. I keep putting it off :) Right now though, he keeps coming up with ways out of my obsticles!
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    At least your brave enough to go the gym with him....

I refuse to go with my boyfriend. he's been talking about joining one for months. I keep putting it off :) Right now though, he keeps coming up with ways out of my obsticles!

I wish I didn't, we go after work, he comes out of the locker room, t shirt, shorts, sneakers... black socks :p

At least if you did join it seems you'd have a motivator so you'd go!
  • Options
    I read Men's Health and there has been no good reasons why mwn should do less CV then women printed.
  • Options
    Yeh he's talking rubbish, full stop.
  • Options
    I knew it, you guys rock ;)

Could anybody point me in the direction or tell me how to search for something that states that? Is it bad that I'm going out of my way to prove him wrong, its only to help!
  • Options
    "The American College of Sports Medicine and the CDC recommend, for health, that adults should accumulate 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity on most days of the week," says Kravitz, who is also a coordinator of exercise science at the University of New Mexico. "And to improve cardiovascular endurance, they recommend 20 to 60 minutes on three to five days per week."

""To reap all the benefits of a cardio workout, you should sustain your workout for 20 minutes or more"

"Do cardio four days a week for 30 minutes, and add a weight-training workout at least two times a week at 20-minute sessions,"

""You need the consistency of 20 minutes or more of an elevated pulse to ensure great results."

"If you are trying to lose fat, you need to do more cardio than if you are trying to gain weight. For fat loss, three to five times per week at 20 to 40 minutes per session is plenty. Start conservatively if you are just starting training, e.g. three times per week, 20 minutes per session."

That goes for both men and women. :)