Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Second Hand Websites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Looking for some help!

Although I swore I never would, I've finally given in. I need to replace my lovely little Creative 128MB mp3 player as it just doesn't hold enough music for me any more. I've resorted to using it as a memory stick (I don't want to get rid of it... :blush:) but more and more I've realised I need a new mp3 player.

I was looking at Ipod Minis, but obviously they've discontinued them for those poxy nano things :impissed: (I'm not a fan, especially as three of my friends have had theirs snap :shocking: and Apple even admitted to one "Yes, they're prone to doing that")

So I went to ebay... but I'm looking to look around so I can get it at the lowest sort of price (I realise I might only save a fiver, but I'm saving for a car as well as trying to live on my EMA money!)

Does anyone know of any second hand websites that sell these sort of products? I can get them second hand off amazon, but they're ridiculously expensive (£250!) and ebay so far is my best bet....

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Looking for some help!

Although I swore I never would, I've finally given in. I need to replace my lovely little Creative 128MB mp3 player as it just doesn't hold enough music for me any more. I've resorted to using it as a memory stick (I don't want to get rid of it... :blush:) but more and more I've realised I need a new mp3 player.

I was looking at Ipod Minis, but obviously they've discontinued them for those poxy nano things :impissed: (I'm not a fan, especially as three of my friends have had theirs snap :shocking: and Apple even admitted to one "Yes, they're prone to doing that")

So I went to ebay... but I'm looking to look around so I can get it at the lowest sort of price (I realise I might only save a fiver, but I'm saving for a car as well as trying to live on my EMA money!)

Does anyone know of any second hand websites that sell these sort of products? I can get them second hand off amazon, but they're ridiculously expensive (£250!) and ebay so far is my best bet....

Ebay.

And Computers, Net & Tech forum :yes:
  • Options
    What sort of price range are you in and minimum size of player?
  • Options
    And Computers, Net & Tech forum :yes:

You know, I considered that as well....yet I just posted in the Anything Goes anyway.

Forgive me. I am ill.

And NinjaMaster it's not so much that. Am just looking for the Ipod Mini, think they're 4GB or 6GB?? 4GB would be more than enough.
  • Options
    yeh what sort of price range? 'cause you can get fairly decent ones with good storage (say 6gb) for around £130.

eta: why does it have to be an ipod?
  • Options
    Doesn't actually have to be. Just I've been looking for a couple of months and decided I'd like an Ipod over the others.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Doesn't actually have to be. Just I've been looking for a couple of months and decided I'd like an Ipod over the others.

imo, you pay for the name with ipods.

you can buy second hand off amazon, too.
  • Options
    Zen micros (breakable) and rio carbons are good :yes:
  • Options
    Zen micros (breakable)

:confused:
  • Options
    Tbh, as much as I appriciate all your opinions and advice, overall it's not the mp3 player selections I'm looking for advice on... I'm not particularly concerned what I get (as long as, obviously, I like it) but even though I have enough money to buy one in my account, I'm looking for as many chances to get them second hand as possible as I'm trying to save money for a car....
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Tbh, as much as I appriciate all your opinions and advice, overall it's not the mp3 player selections I'm looking for advice on... I'm not particularly concerned what I get

• Options

I'm not concerned what mp3 player I get in the end. I would just (out of personal preferance) prefer to get the Ipod. I'm just looking for any info on getting mp3 players second hand.
  • Options
    There's not much we can tell you. All we can suggest is where to get them from and tbh most people think of Amazon and Ebay first. You just have to judge yourself whether the item is in good enough nick.
  • Options
    I've got a pink mini iPod, which I never use! Someone bought it for me and well, I used it for a couple of weeks but then it just got annoying to have these nasty little headphones in my ears- and, I'm not away from bigger and better speakers for very long in the day anyway. Look out for mine- I might just put it on ebay. It'll be the one that has biro and tobacco all over it from living in the bottom of a bag!

How soon will you be getting a car? After you've got one- you might not need the ipod so much, maybe you should hold out and save your money for ICE for the wheels yo?
  • Options
    Meh... I sold an iPod mini on eBay just a couple of months ago! Was a brand new 6gb model - literally 2 hours old when it got listed. Think it went for £135.

eBay is good, but everyone looks for stuff on there. You'd probably find a better deal using the 'for sale' sections of whatever forums you visit - people tend to give a better price to their online friends :).
  • Options
    How come you sold a two hour old iPod on ebay?
  • Options
    I won it - and I've got absolutely no use for it! I don't run Windows, and can't be bothered setting up FreeBSD to talk to the iPod. I have a smartphone(SPV-C550), so can listen to music on that - and it sounds pretty good! Oh, and I ride a motorcycle, so I normally listen to the wonderful whine of a gear-driven V4 :). Though I do occasionally pop the headphones from my smartphone inside my helmet and listen to some oddball music...

Meh... to summarise - I'd just not use it :). The only reason it was 2 hours old when listed is because my friend was supposed to be buying it from me for £100, but pulled out on me. So I listed it and made even more money :).