Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just another rant..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, but I wasn't sure where I should put it, so please don't flame me if its in the wrong place. I just felt like having a rant, getting it all off my chest, so I apologise in advance.
For a long time (several months) I was crazy about this girl, and she said she felt the same way, but nothing really happened because of the distance. Then out of the blue she tells me she's met some new guy and is now going out with him. I don't realy blame her, there wasn't really much future for the 2 of us due to the distance, but it still knocked me for six anyways, felt like crap for a long time. Then not so long ago I met another girl, went out with her twice, then she just stopped replying to my text messages about a week ago, yet another kick in the teeth
I'm 20 in 2 months time and have yet to have sex or even a serious girlfriend. Now I know all you people you get sex on a regular basis will come in on your high horses and tell me sex isnt the be all and end all of everything and I should just relax and not let it worry me.
But you know what, when it's happening all around you, when everyone in your house is doing it and you never have, it makes you feel like you're beneath them.
Anyways, thats my rant done. Don't be too harsh

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,

It may seem like everyone around you is involved in a serious, or sexual relationship, but you're honestly not alone in your situation. Check out the answer to this question which was submitted to our askTheSite experts

I hope this helps.
  • Options
  • Options
    You're not the only one. I turned 20 last November and although I don't really want a relationship, the lack of sex is beginning to bother me.

Do you know why you are having this trouble? In my case I am terrified of letting people get close to me, something that's obviously not going to help. ;) But it's a long road I'm travelling and I've made a lot of process so far.
  • Options
    MzInnocent wrote:
    hi,

i know how you're feeling, i was in the same position when i was 18. the thing is i kind of latched on to anyone after that because i was in such a rush to have a bf and experience sex... that i now wish i waited for the right person instead of rushing off with anyone.
    you probably won't see it from my view now, things look so different in hindsight!
    but please don't make the mistake i did, just let it happen naturally, i thought for me it would never happen but it did, and i'm sure it will happen for you!

good luck hun xxx

p.s. just pm me if you want to talk!
    That's the difference between guys and girls though. A girl feels down and wants some attention off guys, she'll get it. A guy feels down and wants some attention off girls, he'll just come across as creepy and desperate. I don't think he'll have the same problem.

But I agree with what you said. Don't just get a girlfriend for the sake of it. Because as soon as someone better comes along (which it will eventually anyway), you'll leave her and it won't be pretty. It seems to me that a lot of people end up going out with people because they like having a partner, rather than because they like their actual partner.