Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Q for the lads

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it all guys who do this, or just some?
A lad tells you he'll ring and seems dead intrested. Then doesn't. You bring it up joking and he says I'll do it tonight then still doesn't (his excuse prev was that he lost his phone and then said he's text me online.)

Why do this and why not say "i'm not intrested???

Comments

• Options
    I have a rule which might help explain it, "never burn your bridges" which basically means keep the girl on the hook in case you need/want her later on. If is girls interested i will rarely tell her to get lost, instead keep her as a backup. Hope that helps :p ....But i can't speak for every man.
  • Options
    To be honest, guys generally dont call. They may call here and there but not all the time and usually no when they say. We guys just forget, or get caught up in whats on tv usually.
  • Options
    That's right, and I just hate using the phone too...
  • Options
    If we say we'll call, and forget, even if we're keen - you women always nag us!
    No wonder we don't call. It's like we have to meet some expectations, then.

Just call us ffs!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    BrightSide wrote:

Just call us ffs!

:yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    umm hate to break it to you but its not just guys that do this. Gils do it aswell. I have had girls to it to me before. I have no answer for it but just to let you know its something practiced by both sexes.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    umm hate to break it to you but its not just guys that do this. Gils do it aswell. I have had girls to it to me before. I have no answer for it but just to let you know its something practiced by both sexes.
    i agree with this. its not just guys, i've had it done to me by girls/women. but in general i'd say its because we (or at least i do) have crap memory, start doing something and forget or dont notice the time. But i must point out here that i might have a crap memory but i always phone the girl, mainly because i wouldn't want someone to do the same to me. and i'm a romantic (hopeless) at heart and like to wine and dine them
  • Options
    Ah so that explains it then - so u just forget??? But you normally are interested. Im having a problem with a guy at the moment basically i am making all the moves and he doesnt ever seem to contact me but when we do talk he seems almighty keen! (- i am very keen too btw). My friends have just told me to not call him or try to make contact (play hard to get) but talk to him if he talks to me, or texts me. So that is what im doing - do you think this will help?

I would call a guy back always even if its to ask if he wants to go out as mates or even just text him for his MSN addy.
  • Options
    BrightSide wrote:

Just call us ffs!

lol! classic!
    thanks for that. I didnt nag him though, honestly! I just casually dropped it in and now I've sort of thouyght "sod ya, I aint waiting by the phone!!"

Thanks for the replies ppl!

Miss x
  • Options
    lol! classic!
    thanks for that. I didnt nag him though, honestly! I just casually dropped it in and now I've sort of thouyght "sod ya, I aint waiting by the phone!!"

It doesn't sound like you're calling him though. Why should he ring you?
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    It doesn't sound like you're calling him though. Why should he ring you?

Ya, last time I checked if you can recieve calls you can also dial out :chin:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Ya, last time I checked if you can recieve calls you can also dial out :chin:
    Actually, if you haven't paid your bill you can't call but you can still receive calls. I doubt that's the case here though.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    Actually, if you haven't paid your bill you can't call but you can still receive calls. I doubt that's the case here though.

Lucky bitches, when I forget to pay they turn my phone off, cant get or recieve :( (that is a cell though)
    [/random]
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    (that is a cell though)
    That's probably why.
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote:
    My friends have just told me to not call him or try to make contact (play hard to get) but talk to him if he talks to me, or texts me. So that is what im doing - do you think this will help?

He will most likely allow you to remain 'hard to get'...
  • Options
    Girls always take it the wrong way.

Sometimes it's not that we forget it's just that we couldn't be bothered, I mean...talking on the phone is usually a waste of money. I only ever talk if I have something important to say...not talking gossip and racking up a huge phone bill that your ma is going to have to pay for.
  • Options
    i hate it when girls play hard to get. so much easier when both parties just tell it like it is. plus it can always back fire.
  • Options
    Haha, just phone him. Honestly, this games shite is pants.
  • Options
    aye, phone is expenisve. So I avoid calling anything if I can but if I had a girl that was appropriate fo rme and was keen on me then I reckon I would call and pursue that. Guys who have that don't knowo there born.

but yeah, if ur so keen, ring him, let him know.
  • Options
    Im only playing hard to get because im fed up of constantly calling him and him not calling me. OK so i wont remain to not call him full stop ill just do it less. One of my mates said if he knows im interested and hes got me, he wont make the effort because he knows i will, if that makes sense? Is this true?

Argh so confused! lol

thanks for the advice
  • Options
    Its probably true if your 12 and he shows his affection by throwing sand and pulling hair and you have i :heart: joe on all your notebooks for school.

I may not be a man but the whole "hard to get" i'm going to wait till he calls me, i swear he wants me but he never calls thing, I'd be rightly shocked if that ever got anybody. Seems like a waste of time and effort. Who in their right mind is going to chase after somebody that plays hard to get when they could easily go out and find somebody who does show interest.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I may not be a man but the whole "hard to get" i'm going to wait till he calls me, i swear he wants me but he never calls thing, I'd be rightly shocked if that ever got anybody. Seems like a waste of time and effort.
    I may not have the slightest experience with relationships, but I'll agree with that part. Instead of playing around just go out and get together, or don't.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Its probably true if your 12 and he shows his affection by throwing sand and pulling hair and you have i :heart: joe on all your notebooks for school.

I may not be a man but the whole "hard to get" i'm going to wait till he calls me, i swear he wants me but he never calls thing, I'd be rightly shocked if that ever got anybody. Seems like a waste of time and effort. Who in their right mind is going to chase after somebody that plays hard to get when they could easily go out and find somebody who does show interest.

you'd be suprised the amount of times thats worked out for me
  • Options
    Is it all guys who do this, or just some?
    A lad tells you he'll ring and seems dead intrested. Then doesn't. You bring it up joking and he says I'll do it tonight then still doesn't (his excuse prev was that he lost his phone and then said he's text me online.)

Why do this and why not say "i'm not intrested???

Maybe wanted a shag, had a wank instead and then couldn't be bothered phoning you. That's usually been the case when i've said i'll call and then don't, so it's a definite possibility.

He also could be playing hard to get.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

People who are aloof and seemingly uninterested get attention. That's just a fact of life. Some people are naturally so, others use it as a tactic and often pull it off badly.

I usually feel put off by girls acting too keen, unless they're super nice-looking and confident by nature etc. Most relationships are games, often being too keen leads to the wrong moves.
  • Options
    ahh but you see, I don't have his number!! Girl from work started speaking to him and he said he liked me and wanted my number. I didn't get his :wave:
  • Options
    hard to get

both guys and girls play the "i'll call you" game--perhaps meaning to call but never getting round to it. it's such an easy thing to say, but it is not nice to lead one on.

i think when people are really interested, they call.

Jenni30, i think your friend is right. sometimes guys (and girls, too, i assume) just don't make the effort if they know the girl is going to call. i'd be fed up, too, if i were you.
  • Options
    I personally think that if someone likes you enough, and I mean REALLY likes you then they would call when they said they would. When i met my boyfriend he was at work, we exchanged numbers and he said he would call me when he got home, come 9pm my phone rang! He has had situations where girls said they would call him and they havent and i've had the same happen to me with guys. But it's a simple fact if someone really likes you then the fact is they wouldn't be able to wait to call you,they'd be bursting regardless if it's a man or woman.If you think how you feel, feeling like you really want to call him just to have some kind of contact and thats because you generally like him then why should it be any diffrent for him.
    I'm not trying to ms.negative but just be careful i think you not waiting on him is a good idea but i hope it goes the way you want it to :)
    Good Luck
  • Options
    I personally think that if someone likes you enough, and I mean REALLY likes you then they would call when they said they would. When i met my boyfriend he was at work, we exchanged numbers and he said he would call me when he got home, come 9pm my phone rang! He has had situations where girls said they would call him and they havent and i've had the same happen to me with guys. But it's a simple fact if someone really likes you then the fact is they wouldn't be able to wait to call you,they'd be bursting regardless if it's a man or woman.If you think how you feel, feeling like you really want to call him just to have some kind of contact and thats because you generally like him then why should it be any diffrent for him.
    I'm not trying to be ms.negative but just be careful i think you not waiting on him is a good idea but i hope it goes the way you want it to :)
    Good Luck

P.S SORRY I SENT IT TWICE, WAS AN ACCIDENT!