Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

*Rant* Mother stressing me out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mother is doing my nut in!
I came home from work today to find a letter from Aberdeen uni saying I've got an interview in a couple of weeks (w00t!) and I need to prepare a presentation.
I stupidly told my mother. I also told her how I was looking forward to coming home and not having to think about anything to do with uni for the first time in weeks then this stupid letter arrives (GAR!!!)
She says, "Well, take tonight off and think about it tomorrow!"
Then she proceeds to phone me 5 times in the last 2 hours with internet sites and people I could phone to get help with it. Everytime I have to stop what I'm doing to go to websites and look round them with her until she'll go away! 5 TIMES!!!!
AAAAAAAARGH!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE! I WANT A NIGHT OFF!!!!!!
I know it's just because she cares but can she not leave me in peace for 2 bloody minutes? :(

/rant

Comments

• Options
    She was just being helpful.

You should have just said to her, "thanks for the links, I'll check em out tomorrow.."
  • Options
    My mum does that, I think its sweet.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Mine was doing something similar when it was time to apply to universities, she even had one of her friends call me to tell me what to be careful about. Good natured (in this particular matter at least) but annoying as hell.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I think it is nice that she cares. There are so many people's parents who don't do anything like that.

Just humour her. Let her get on with it. She's just doing what she thinks is best.
  • Options
    :yes: shes just pleased and excited for you. can see why it could get annoying but at least she wants to help you.
  • Options
    I know it's because she cares and I really do appreciate it. I was just stressing because it was my first night off for weeks and she was seeing me the next day anyway. I'm over it and I thanked her for them and the 5000 other links she printed off for me :)