Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Acid Pro

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know abit about the speical affects? like how to add them to songs?

This is in relation to my other post about Remixing 2 songs and i'm just going to remix fundamental - playground and hoping to put some affects into it any ideas..? :hyper:

Comments

• Options
    Well ive tryed to play around with the song and its hopeless!

The song is Below if anyone can remix it and slow it down in the middle like they do in other songs and then like a big bang and then goes back into its org. tempo
    Fundamental - Playground Click
  • Options
    I don't use Acid Pro but can you not highlight the part of the track you want and then go to something like process and choose an effect?
  • Options
    Nope, unless i dont know how.. Do you use another program?
  • Options
    I use Cubase and Soundforge for editing.

Why not read the instructions?
  • Options
    Supose good point, but normaly i can open a program and guess how to use it :crazyeyes Ill the programs you said a try :thumb:
  • Options
    Stick to Acid for now mate, Cubase isn't that easy to use at first.
  • Options
    Ive tryed that soundforge, its good for editing one song which im trying to do but its just so hard!!!

Im just trying to add affects to bits here and there!

And now i need it for monday :banghead: :banghead: *breaks down* :banghead:
  • Options
    ^^ I'm doing nothing later so I will re-do the 2 tracks, the second one at normal speed!
  • Options
    Befor you go off and do this i only need the fundamental one remixed not chris brown so only play around with the fundamental.

Thank You Very Much! :thumb:
  • Options
    And if all else fails ill ask my Music teacher to use the recording stuido, although im going to have to ask very nicely :angel:
  • Options
    I'll play around with it but I can't see how chopping up one track and remixing it is going to sound all that great!

Also I didn't download from megaupload because the 'download limit exceeded' so i downloaded from somewhere else, so is the original tempo like the one in the first mix I did or is it slower all the way through. I listened to the original track which is untouched, and it sounds just the same after I beatmatched it, but you didn't like that.
  • Options
    Well you had the chris brown run it tempo which made the song slower which sounded bad.

As to the mega upload ive put it on a friends Webspace you can download it via here:

Click
  • Options
    It's impossible to remix that track without planning and using fruityloops or cubase etc. Chopping and pasting loops from that track to other parts isn't going to work whatsoever, it's going to sound bad!

To remix a track you need to edit the original, as well as adding or removing things.
  • Options
    it downloads as one track which makes it near impossible to edit.
    tempo changes are done using the insert command.
  • Options
    it downloads as one track which makes it near impossible to edit.
    tempo changes are done using the insert command.

It's pointless using acid for this purpose, yes you might be able to chop and change, insert loops and other effects but it's really not worth it in the end.

You convert the mp3 to a MIDI file which enables you to edit in fruity cubase etc.