Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

O2 Genie Chips

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
They are doing them again....

anyone got the link yet?

Comments

• Options
    aimz wrote:
    They are doing them again....

anyone got the link yet?

I assume you mean O2 SIM Card Packs?

Does it specifically have to be O2?

T-Mobile sent me and email today saying they've extended it until 31st March to get the 2,000 free SMS messages for a £10 top up.

BTW Did youknow when you leave a voicemail on a phone by law it has to be stored for 2 years by the phone companies? :shocking:

Only found that out last night
  • Options
    what are O2 Genie Chips?
  • Options
    O2 was formed from two companies - One2One and Genie.

Genie did SIM cards that give you 500 free texts if you top up your phone with £10 per month. O2 still do them.

That is what she's referring to.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Scarlet wrote:
    O2 was formed from two companies - One2One and Genie.

Genie did SIM cards that give you 500 free texts if you top up your phone with £10 per month. O2 still do them.

That is what she's referring to.
    No. One2One was bought out and is now part of T-Mobile.
    Genie was bought out by BT Cellnet which was owned by BT, when monopoly issues forced them to move it into a seperate holding company known as o2.
  • Options
    Isn't it 300 free texts? That's what I get anyway.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Genie was bought out by BT Cellnet which was owned by BT, when monopoly issues forced them to move it into a seperate holding company known as o2.

Don't believe monopoly issues are the reasons why companies are always chopping and changing .. more like whenever change happens someone ends up making a heck of a lot of money .. There's big money in phones - I met a girl in her 20's in the telecoms business last night - her company is currently valued at over £250,000,000
  • Options
    I have 2 here if you want one.
  • Options
    it's 300 but they charged me for texts like 25 days after i topped up which was shitty (fuck i sound like a scobe but what the hell) i used to get loads for free and sell them...profit no matter what you sold them for...
  • Options
    Hemisphere wrote:
    Isn't it 300 free texts? That's what I get anyway.

The first ones were unlimited free texts. Then they cut them down to 500 per month, and then 300. Had a couple of friends with unlimited.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    That's the one :razz:

Couldn't really remember TBH.
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    The first ones were unlimited free texts. Then they cut them down to 500 per month, and then 300. Had a couple of friends with unlimited.
    I still have unlimited ;)

I've sent 509 messages this month (handy phone counter omg) and not spent a penny :D
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    I still have unlimited ;)

I've sent 509 messages this month (handy phone counter omg) and not spent a penny :D

Yeah, think it was sometime last year that they finally stopped my friend's. think he had to get in contact with them about something, and they noticed and changed him down to 300.
  • Options
    how do u order the 02 genie chips
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i used to have one they are fantastic...but i went onto contract, so i dont use it anymore. do you think ill be able to use it when this one's contract runs out? or do they 'die' eventually?
  • Options
    This thread is dead.

I think you get them from the O2 website. My brother and sister ordered loads quite a while ago, I've got plenty floating about the house. I think it's handy as hell.
  • Options
    Old thread plank.
  • Options
    i got about 10 in the post today