Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Got headphones? Get this!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
It won't work if you're trying to use it with speakers. It'll sound best with good quality, over-the-ear type headphones, but I guess you should be able to work it out with the usual, cheap, crappy tat most people put up with :).

LINK - 1.8mb mp3 download.

Sounds fantastic through a decent amplifier and headphones... can't comment on the tat most people have, but I guess it should work...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    that is fucking cool ...its sounds like its going around you an above you
  • Options
    duh!
    a twirly box of matches ...

get yourself a copy of acid pro by sonic foundry ...or maybe sony now.
    you can put in any sound you like from any scource ...and manipulate the pan and volume ...even to your favourite music track ...so it behaves far more impressive than that!
  • Options
    Fantastic, isn't it :). It's amazing to think that it's only being reproduced by 2 speakers(the headphones) - it really, really does give off the illusion that the sound is moving around you!

Out of interest, can anyone with some in-ear type headphones let me know if it works for them? If it does, I'll start the nasty task of hooking my Smartphone up to my laptop and transfer it over to dazzle the mere mortals of this world... :)
  • Options
    duh!
    a twirly box of matches ...

get yourself a copy of acid pro by sonic foundry ...or maybe sony now.
    you can put in any sound you like from any scource ...and manipulate the pan and volume ...even to your favourite music track ...so it behaves far more impressive than that!

Ahh... but this isn't manipulated! It's a binaural recording - spooky how well it works!
  • Options
    Ahh... but this isn't manipulated! It's a binaural recording - spooky how well it works!
    if i get the chance at the weekend i'll come back to this thread with an attempt at equaling your offering.
  • Options
    Excellent stuff! I like audio that makes me think :). Downside is it costs a fortune to improve on what you have once you start using semi-decent kit. :(
  • Options
    They work with these little in-earphones.
  • Options
    wow :cool:
  • Options
    i was using in ear headphones the first time and it worked fine :yes:
  • Options
    i was using in ear headphones the first time and it worked fine :yes:

Same. I'm impressed.
  • Options
    i just spent half a bleedin' hour creating one and then realised i have no way of uploading it you!
    i reckon mine is as good.
    but how do i show you?
  • Options
    http://www.soundclick.com/mrroll
    and click on music right hand side ...thesite ...
  • Options
    link should work now ...sorry bout that.
    close you eyes ...get intoxicated.
    pleae remember this aint supposd to be a tune.
    it's in reply to the original post.
  • Options

thats pretty impressive mr roll :yes:
  • Options
    thats pretty impressive mr roll :yes:
    this image describes what i try to do with sound/noise.

http://labweb.education.wisc.edu/youthoutreach/TNA%20Computer%20Animation/verburg/flash%20animation/square.swf
  • Options

im probably wrong being tired and ill i take it though that the square is the sound and the other thing is the person litening to it?

or am i wayyyyyyy off :<
  • Options
    im probably wrong being tired and ill i take it though that the square is the sound and the other thing is the person litening to it?

or am i wayyyyyyy off :<
    :lol:
    not a very good way to describe realy was it.
    it seemed ok at the time.
    no ...two diffent sounds ...shaped differently and moving around each other.
  • Options
    :lol:
    not a very good way to describe realy was it.
    it seemed ok at the time.
    no ...two diffent sounds ...shaped differently and moving around each other.

na didnt think i was right

brain not working tonight head stuffed and whatnot

plus not had a smoke

am better at describing things after a smoke in all honesty :yes:

still very good though (the sounds that is) not me
  • Options
    is this any better?

108links4mt.gif

6tenta5bb.gif

soundpic4jk.gif
  • Options
    now those ...i can hear in my sample!
    especialy the bottom one.
  • Options
    now those ...i can hear in my sample!
    especialy the bottom one.

shall get back to you my haedphones have gone M.I.A

:impissed:
  • Options
    by the way ...anyone having a listen ...don't press lowfi play ...it only comes out in mono.
    hi fi play for stereo.
  • Options

Your clip was interesting :). Some unusual sounds in there, but to me and my highly untuned ears, it didn't quite match the original clip I posted.

No offence or anything intended in here - you're doing stuff that I couldn't even attempt at reproducing.

The sound in the clip I posted was clean, uncluttered, and startling. The box of matches goes around your head - you can hear it actually passing behind your ears. You can also accurately imagine the vertical placement of the said box, as it moves up and down on each side.

I found myself having to work harder to appreciate your clip - there were many sounds going on at the same time, which isn't a bad thing - I just prefer the simplicity of the first clip. It felt like I was actively looking for the magic, whilst it was easy to follow the sounds moving from left to right, I didn't get the same sense of visualisation that I did with the matchbox clip. I couldn't 'see' the sound going around me, or up and down - just left and right. It was certainly an interesting experience - it is the first time I've head two different sounds set on two different soundstages, moving around at differing speeds.

As said before, none of this is meant as criticism - I try to make no illusion as to my abilities when it comes to audio. It is just me trying to describe how I perceived the two sounds to be, and trying to explain the differences I found between them :).

I'll always be interested in hearing other funky stuff you create! Anything interesting will grab my attention :).
  • Options
    Your clip was interesting :). Some unusual sounds in there, but to me and my highly untuned ears, it didn't quite match the original clip I posted.

No offence or anything intended in here - you're doing stuff that I couldn't even attempt at reproducing.

The sound in the clip I posted was clean, uncluttered, and startling. The box of matches goes around your head - you can hear it actually passing behind your ears. You can also accurately imagine the vertical placement of the said box, as it moves up and down on each side.

I found myself having to work harder to appreciate your clip - there were many sounds going on at the same time, which isn't a bad thing - I just prefer the simplicity of the first clip. It felt like I was actively looking for the magic, whilst it was easy to follow the sounds moving from left to right, I didn't get the same sense of visualisation that I did with the matchbox clip. I couldn't 'see' the sound going around me, or up and down - just left and right. It was certainly an interesting experience - it is the first time I've head two different sounds set on two different soundstages, moving around at differing speeds.

As said before, none of this is meant as criticism - I try to make no illusion as to my abilities when it comes to audio. It is just me trying to describe how I perceived the two sounds to be, and trying to explain the differences I found between them :).

I'll always be interested in hearing other funky stuff you create! Anything interesting will grab my attention :).
    gah!
    i'll have to go back and listen to the matchbox again ...i'm sure i can do matchbox ...