Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Caffiene free tea grr

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought some flavored teas yesterday because its cheaper than the just add water flavored lattes I drink at work. Little did I know that apperantly this stuff is "naturally caffiene free" I thought tea had caffiene, why doesn't this, oh however am I not going to fall asleep today :(

Comments

• Options
    my_name wrote:
    I bought some flavored teas yesterday because its cheaper than the just add water flavored lattes I drink at work. Little did I know that apperantly this stuff is "naturally caffiene free" I thought tea had caffiene, why doesn't this, oh however am I not going to fall asleep today :(

I think flavored ones might not be proper tea for say, but more
    have plants and others to give flavor to the hot water...
  • Options
    Well tea tastes like ass so thats why i got flaored, pepermint today. But still, i bought it for the caffiene, that'll teach me to learn how to read.
  • Options
    stick a pro plus in it :)
  • Options
    a what? That sounds like it should be a kind of oil... for cars over 60000 miles :p

Oh also, its just a regular sized mug, how long should i let the tea bag sit in? THough I'd ask cuz yall are the tea experts or some such :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Well tea tastes like ass so thats why i got flaored, pepermint today. But still, i bought it for the caffiene, that'll teach me to learn how to read.

hehe...
  • Options
    Pro plus are these little caffiene tablet things you can buy, although i don't think they work that great to be honest, but each to their own :p
  • Options
    they work great with alcohol :D
  • Options
    Leave it in for 3-5 mins, or until it's diffused and looks "ready".

I love Peppermint Tea :yum: , though caffeine is good too...
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    a what? That sounds like it should be a kind of oil... for cars over 60000 miles :p

Oh also, its just a regular sized mug, how long should i let the tea bag sit in? THough I'd ask cuz yall are the tea experts or some such :p
    It'll say on the packet- herbal teas vary quite a bit from brand to brand.

ProPlus is a brand of caffiene tablet.
  • Options
    Its because herbal 'teas' are not Tea in the proper sense of the word, they are a hot drink, not Tea, which is made from the tea plant which has caffine. Unless its red bush tea which isnt caffinated.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

If its a tea bag then just keep squashing it lenghtways with a table spoon :yes: :thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    That sounds like it should be a kind of oil... for cars over 60000 miles :p
    Long or wide? :p
  • Options
    Today is "wild berry zinger herb tea" how fun. its pink too :hyper: