Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Branston spaghetti

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Quite possibly the most bland tasting food I've had in the last 10 years. It is truly, truly revolting. It has no taste but has a nasty, bland, slimy, revolting aftertaste. I left half the can! I've got another can here, but I might fob it off on my poor student cousin, or even give it to my grandmother.

Either way, I'd best check that I'm listed in their will first.

Just a friendly warning to everyone out there who is tempted to invest 31p in a tin of Crosse & Blackwell 'Branston spaghetti' - don't do it! Buy 31p worth of newspaper and eat that instead - it'll almost certainly taste nicer.

I've now got a horrible taste in my mouth. I've no food in, it's rather cold outside. I can't be bothered to get up, get into my gear, don my helmet and gloves, and ride down to the supermarket to get a substitute.

I'm rather disappointed :(.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Quite possibly the most bland tasting food I've had in the last 10 years. It is truly, truly revolting. It has no taste but has a nasty, bland, slimy, revolting aftertaste. I left half the can! I've got another can here, but I might fob it off on my poor student cousin, or even give it to my grandmother.

Either way, I'd best check that I'm listed in their will first.

Just a friendly warning to everyone out there who is tempted to invest 31p in a tin of Crosse & Blackwell 'Branston spaghetti' - don't do it! Buy 31p worth of newspaper and eat that instead - it'll almost certainly taste nicer.

I've now got a horrible taste in my mouth. I've no food in, it's rather cold outside. I can't be bothered to get up, get into my gear, don my helmet and gloves, and ride down to the supermarket to get a substitute.

I'm rather disappointed :(.
    Thanks for the warning :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    That's what you get if you eat canned spaghetti. :eek:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Some of it is quite good! I often eat stuff straight from the can - sweetcorn, peas, bakes beans, ravioli, etc. But this was quite disgusting.

Is it coincidence that I've just had one of the runniest number 2 ever? :eek2: :yuck:
  • Options
    Is it coincidence that I've just had one of the runniest number 2 ever? :eek2: :yuck:
    :eek2: :yuck: :sour:
  • Options
    Hmm... Maybe I should've taken a picture for that obscure picture thread. Bet I'd have won...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hmm... Maybe I should've taken a picture for that obscure picture thread. Bet I'd have won...
    That isn't obscure. That is scat. :sour:
  • Options
    Yes, we tried it too and I threw the second can straight in the bin. And everyone in this house LIKES tinned spaghetti.

The beans are ok though apparently. (I don't eat beans so can't vouch.)