Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oddness with Firefox 1.5

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have noticed [from the very beginning of using 1.5] an issue with multiple tabs open. If i have say, thesite open, IMDB and say LJ, sometimes i cant get FF to goto another tab, i can click it, but it wont goto it, i can click other links and they will open in a new tab, but i can go to them. I've also noticed that usually when this happens i cannot get the scroll on my scroll mouse to be ackknowledged in the browser, i can drag the bar down the side but not work the scroll.

Usually i just end up closing the window and opening a new one.

Any ideas as to the cause of this?

Comments

• Options
    nooo idea

you could try installing tabbedbrowser preferences from firefox homepage, that might fix it.

if it doesn't you might just want to reinstall it
  • Options
    I tend not to bother re-installing with FF these days as it's never EVER helped in the past with other issues ive had. Last option though if nothign else.

Will search for the tabbedbrowser extension though. Ta
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    I tend not to bother re-installing with FF these days as it's never EVER helped in the past with other issues ive had. Last option though if nothign else.

Will search for the tabbedbrowser extension though. Ta

this is the one I use link there are others out there, just make sure you get it from the firefox website :thumb:
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    this is the one I use link there are others out there, just make sure you get it from the firefox website :thumb:

Thanks for that Replicant, i've added the ext so i'll see what happens next time the issue arrises.

I havent yet looked over on the support forum for 1.5 so i will get over there soon and have a look.