Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Computer problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right here's a problem I have with this computer but it's a bit hard to explain.

I have Limewire running now on the wee thing at the bottom of the screen but when I go to click it it won't pop up, I need to press alt+ctrl+del then press x on that for me to access it. I also have to do the same process when looking for songs and sometimes it won't let me download them, no matter how many times I click on them or do the alt+ctrl+del thingy. Does anyone even know what's wrong nevermind helping me fix it?

Comments

• Options
    My best advice would be to delete limwire completley of your computer and never get it again. It is terrible and will only cause problems which you will expeirence in time, it's the same with all p2p networks sharing files with everyone else.

But if you are willing to run the risk I would re-install it, that would be better than repairing it.
  • Options
    No it's not just limewire, i was just using that as an example. I'm talking about anything I have to view, I need to press alt+ctrl+del and press x on that screen for anything to be highlighted and me being able to click it.
  • Options
    I have to say that I really don't understand what you're trying to say here... Can you take any screenshots?
  • Options
    Sorry you'd need to explain me how to do that aswell. I'm no nerd like most people here are, all I know how to do is log into the internet and search sites. Other than that I'm screwed.

Ok I'll try to explain it better, say you opened Microsoft Word up now, at the bottom of your screen at the bottom toolbar thingy you'll see it coming up, when you go on it, it highlights yes? And you click it and it makes this screen go away and the Microsoft word one come up, yes? Well my problem is that when I go to the Microsoft Word thingy, it won't highlight, I need to press ctrl+alt+del, and exit that screen for anything else to be highlighted. If I go onto Microsoft Word I can use it alright but if I tried to go back here, I'd encounter the same problem. Understand me now?
  • Options
    Ah, right, makes more sense now. You mean that when you click on the application on the taskbar, it isn't maximising - it is staying minimised, or hidden.

I can't help, I can't experiment as I don't run Windows anymore, and I've never heard of this, but maybe someone else will understand it a little better now. :)

Could try using ALT + TAB to switch between applications, as an interim measure.
  • Options
    how very odd...

as click to see more said, try using alt+tab instead... does that work?
  • Options
    Yea staying minimised, sorry if I'm coming across as a dunce but where's tab on the keyboard :blush: :shocking: :crazyeyes
  • Options
    My best advice would be to delete limwire completley of your computer and never get it again. It is terrible and will only cause problems which you will expeirence in time, it's the same with all p2p networks sharing files with everyone else.

But if you are willing to run the risk I would re-install it, that would be better than repairing it.
    agreed and running p2p is probably the cause of all and every prblem your now suffering with everything else.
  • Options
    it's usually just above the caps lock, along the left edge of the keyboard :)
  • Options
    Ah rite, I'm not too clued up on all this technology shite!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Ah rite, I'm not too clued up on all this technology shite!

doesn't matter so long as you can get it to do what you want :thumb: