Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Munich

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone gonna go see this when it comes out?

Just seen the trailer for it, looks very good.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    To be honest i dont think ive heard of it lol :lol: so what is it about?
  • Options
    Woops yeh suppose i should of put a link or summin up ...

Munich
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    'Tis about the Israeli team that got killed. :(

I might go see it, should be interesting. Poor guys.
  • Options
    Well i thought it was actually about the hostage taking but the stories more about what happened afterwards, when the Israelis went after the guys who planned it all and killed them.
  • Options
    I reeeally want to see this, it's supposed to be fantastic.
  • Options
    Really looking forward to this. It looks good!
  • Options
    If it's half as good as Schindler's List, then I'll go and see it ten times.

Spielberg is great when he's serious. Schindler's List is one of the greatest films ever made.
  • Options
    i will see it definatly, love spielberg
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Spielberg is great when he's serious. Schindler's List is one of the greatest films ever made.

Yup totally agree with you there. Spielbergs the man :D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Schindler's List is one of the greatest films ever made.

Not sure that's I'd go that far... it was, naturally, a bit Hollywood in it's approach.

I'm planning on seeing this though because of the story it has to tell.
  • Options
    Not sure that's I'd go that far... it was, naturally, a bit Hollywood in it's approach.

I think it worked because of it.

My favourite film is still Three Colours: Red or Dogma though.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Munich has been rushed by the studio to get it out in time for the Awards, and because of that its editing wasnt given anywhere near the time he wanted. Because of that the story is supposed to be good but the editing and story line of the film is "shambolic".

This might be better to see on DVD when he has a proper chance to edit it and you get the 'directors cut'.
  • Options
    I do not think i will see it until it is on TV, it is just not my kind of thing and i usually love historical dramas like this.

Speilberg has lost the plot lately but when he deals with hardcore Jewish historical moments he usually nails it pretty well.

You know Speilberg filmed the fake moon landing which is how he got the job for Jaws!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    You know Speilberg filmed the fake moon landing which is how he got the job for Jaws!

Definately, because Hollywood is controlled by the moon people and they didnt want to be annoyed by visitors.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    I do not think i will see it until it is on TV

Ha do you realise how long you will have to wait for it to be on TV?
  • Options
    Yes, and i am not bothered, i probably wont make much effort to see it even when it is on Sky movies.

What moon people? thats just silly talk! The moon landing was faked because NASA didnt have the technology to get there and they didnt want the Russians to beat them to it. It was Cold War chess man!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:

I hope you're taking the piss - given that the moon landings were in 1969 and Jaws was even written until 1974 the powers that be took an awfully long time to reward him
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Yes, and i am not bothered, i probably wont make much effort to see it even when it is on Sky movies.

What moon people? thats just silly talk! The moon landing was faked because NASA didnt have the technology to get there and they didnt want the Russians to beat them to it. It was Cold War chess man!

The Moon landing was not faked. The evidence given by the conspiracy theorists can be torn apart in about 5 minutes by anyone with any knowledge of the subject.

Read this, it pretty much disproves everything than the conspiracy theorists say is 'evidence' that we didn't land there.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Btw, saw Munich last night and thought it was brilliant.
  • Options
    sniper666 wrote:
    The Moon landing was not faked. The evidence given by the conspiracy theorists can be torn apart in about 5 minutes by anyone with any knowledge of the subject.

Read this, it pretty much disproves everything than the conspiracy theorists say is 'evidence' that we didn't land there.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Btw, saw Munich last night and thought it was brilliant.

Munich was ok. Not at all factually acurate, but an alright film.

The Moon landing is an unkown. We will know when China gets some moon pics close up.

The Evidence for the landing is sketchy at best; the evidence against much the same, I have read both. I shall wait for definite evidence. With the technology they had, if Nasa did it, fucking amazing! If they didn't, no supprise.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Munich was ok. Not at all factually acurate, but an alright film.

The Moon landing is an unkown. We will know when China gets some moon pics close up.

The Evidence for the landing is sketchy at best; the evidence against much the same, I have read both. I shall wait for definite evidence. With the technology they had, if Nasa did it, fucking amazing! If they didn't, no supprise.

I think that the laser reflectors that still work today seem pretty good evidence, oh and the voice transmissions that radio telescopes pointed at the Moon detected during the missions.

And if they aren't enough, then surely satellite photos of the Apollo 15 landing site may be?

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/missions/apollo15_touchdown_photos_010427.html
  • Options
    sniper666 wrote:
    I think that the laser reflectors that still work today seem pretty good evidence, oh and the voice transmissions that radio telescopes pointed at the Moon detected during the missions.

And if they aren't enough, then surely satellite photos of the Apollo 15 landing site may be?

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/missions/apollo15_touchdown_photos_010427.html

:rolleyes: I see this is a pointless argument. As I have said, I hold my judgement until we get evidence that will confirm it, from a nation that is NOT America. That's like asking Bush if invading Iraq was still a good idea.

I just can't wait for us to go to Mars. They want to set up a little base there, that will be most cool.
  • Options
    I've seen the trailer and it looks pretty good in a melancholy kind of way.
  • Options
    Might go see it tommorow actually being Orange Wednesday and all :D Buy one get one free, woop woop
  • Options
    Great film - nuff said

cant believe none of the actors got oscar nominations
  • Options
    Downfall

Pay no attention to this post.