Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Microsft Office

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I purchased a new laptop yesterday Compaq V5030 and it does not seem to have Word, Excel etc on it. Is this standard? If it is, does anyone know where I can buy it from that does not cost £300+?? This seems like a lot for those packages!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ginge86 wrote:
    Hi,

I purchased a new laptop yesterday Compaq V5030 and it does not seem to have Word, Excel etc on it. Is this standard? If it is, does anyone know where I can buy it from that does not cost £300+?? This seems like a lot for those packages!

Thanks in advance.

Office doesn't come as standard...

Most of the time you might get works and some other crap but that's it...

For office you have a free alternative available here
  • Options
    or just download it...
  • Options
    I have heard that you can buy a student and teacher version of Microsoft Office for about £100, does anyone have any experience of this? Is it the same as the normal package?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    ginge86 wrote:
    I have heard that you can buy a student and teacher version of Microsoft Office for about £100, does anyone have any experience of this? Is it the same as the normal package?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000BZ54S/qid=1138021240/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/026-3663894-1334020
  • Options
    ginge86 wrote:

yeah it is. Basically you buy it then fill in a form and they send it to you.