Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gillette Venus Vibrance

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, I've just got a Venus Passion. I'd be afraid of cutting myself, also a vibrating razor just sounds a bit dodgy. Another thing, I'm not too keen on the whole battery power/electrics in the bathroom thing, a lot of water in a bathroom!
  • Options
    No, I've just got a Venus Passion. I'd be afraid of cutting myself, also a vibrating razor just sounds a bit dodgy. Another thing, I'm not too keen on the whole battery power/electrics in the bathroom thing, a lot of water in a bathroom!

I've got a devine, I was thinking the same! water and battery operated things mmmmm.
  • Options
    I bought a Mach 3 Turbo Power Extreme (whatever they're calling it these days) with a little battery in it for vibro-action. It made no discernible difference to my shave, and is more bulky than the normal Mach 3.

A battery isn't a problem in a bathroom, an electrical appliance is more risky. (You can touch a battery with no harm, but you wouldn't put your fingers in a socket).
  • Options
    Best shave of my life. I've actually got 4 others for when they go bad. But from experience of 2 others, don't leave the razor in the shower and dry it off else the connection with the battery goes bad and it doesn't work. But oh its so cute and the handle has a great feel. My legs were so smooth and it doesn't irrate the bikini areal like it usually does.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Best shave of my life. I've actually got 4 others for when they go bad. But from experience of 2 others, don't leave the razor in the shower and dry it off else the connection with the battery goes bad and it doesn't work. But oh its so cute and the handle has a great feel. My legs were so smooth and it doesn't irrate the bikini areal like it usually does.
    really, mmmm think I might have a look at one when I'm next shopping or order one online!
  • Options
    no, i'll stick with my venus! the replacement razorheads cost about £8.50. :eek2:
  • Options
    The wife reliably tells me that the best razor she's used is the Mach 3.

And there's no VAT on men's razors- unlike those for women. Hoorah!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The wife reliably tells me that the best razor she's used is the Mach 3.

And there's no VAT on men's razors- unlike those for women. Hoorah!
    mach 3 turbo is ace. I keep nicking my mans :)
  • Options
    is it mmm could be tempted even if it is gonna cost more for blades might be worth it and often on offers hopefully!
  • Options
    They aren't really. The razor is only about $9 and the blades are $9 for a pack of 4. Thats the same price as nearly all other razors out there.
  • Options
    Venus = evil.

Mach 3 tbh :heart:.

Although my sister keeps stealing it, so I have to spend lots on blades ;(. Last longer than ladies ones do, though, and better shave, like.

Manda, lovely, remember that you live in that weird America place where things are priced different ;p.
  • Options
    well the difference isn't all that much.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    well the difference isn't all that much.
    About £3/$6. I suppose you're right...hm. A regular Venus is...er...fuck knows. My men's razor was cheaper though ;p.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    About £3/$6. I suppose you're right...hm. A regular Venus is...er...fuck knows. My men's razor was cheaper though ;p.

Oh Ed would be pissy to know that, the m3 turbo and blades are a buck more than mine :p

On the topic of razors, I found one today that had 5 blades, and one in the back side for hard to get hair. 6 blads. Thats just discusting overkill :( I cried when I saw it.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Oh Ed would be pissy to know that, the m3 turbo and blades are a buck more than mine :p

On the topic of razors, I found one today that had 5 blades, and one in the back side for hard to get hair. 6 blads. Thats just discusting overkill :( I cried when I saw it.
    That's too many blades :|.
  • Options

So true!

Those are really good, been using them since I tried them 8 years ago...
  • Options

The normal one's as good.

And yeah, she nicked mine. Then loved it so much she bought her own.
  • Options
    I have a mach 3 turbo and <3 it.