Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Memory.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm worried about my memory. I don't think I've ever been known for having a great one but it's getting noticeably and worryingly worse - how I'm unable to recall events, conversations, information, where I've put things, etc, etc.

Advice please.

Comments

• Options
    Anything in particular? Can we blame it on any pills and potions (prescribed or otherwise)?
  • Options
    I'm on no antibiotics from the Doc's, get drunk around twice weekly, smoke cannabis around 4 times weekly, eat healthily, sleep an awful lot and find myself still tired after it.

Hard to think of examples. I caught some people talking about me yesterday saying some pretty harsh things, only half an hour later I couldn't remember what these 'things' were - I just remember that it pissed me off. I can't read books very well either as I'm not taking in the information as I'm reading through; or I am and I'm forgetting it. I lose alot of money and can't keep track of how much I've spent or where I've spent it.

I'm happy to go to the Doc; but really, what <i>can</i> he say?
  • Options
    I have a shit memory. Apparently this is because of my dyspraxia. If your memory is causing you concern than yeah go visit a Doc. Best of luck.
  • Options
    i have a really bad memory but i think its because of all the drinking i've done over the years.
    there are things which are supposed to improve it though, certain foods and memory exercises.
    have a google.
  • Options
    Capacity wrote:
    I'm on no antibiotics from the Doc's, get drunk around twice weekly, smoke cannabis around 4 times weekly, eat healthily, sleep an awful lot and find myself still tired after it.

Hard to think of examples. I caught some people talking about me yesterday saying some pretty harsh things, only half an hour later I couldn't remember what these 'things' were - I just remember that it pissed me off. I can't read books very well either as I'm not taking in the information as I'm reading through; or I am and I'm forgetting it. I lose alot of money and can't keep track of how much I've spent or where I've spent it.

I'm happy to go to the Doc; but really, what <i>can</i> he say?

Stop smoking weed 4 times a week for a start, and cut down the drinking....then evaluate the situation a month later.
  • Options
    hahaha, look at the thread from the page..
    Memory
    capacity

haha your memory capacity isnt big enough ;)
    but yeah, cut down the bud!
    there are always those random pills you see (nootropics i think there called..) that supposedly increase your memory capacity.. (haha sorry i'm a moron)
  • Options
    Cut out the weeeed. From my experience it noticeably dulls brain activity. It's not so much that you don't have the ability, it's that you're not arsed to use it. Of course, it's only really noticeable once you stop and look back on it.

Binge drinking kills off a few cells, too.

Otherwise, I'd try memory games and stuff to get the mind active again, but, of course, if you're totally fucked then you won't be arsed doing that.