Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ISP's (10,000th time I know)

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Ok, so I feel like Faster interwebs. I have a 512k uncapped at the moment... for £22.50/month. I know there are faster uncapped ones out there for about the same, so recommend me a good one please! I plan to have a dedicated game server running alot too, so i'd like to be able to run it and use the net at the same time.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your upload will still be 256, so it'll be shit whatever you do. see what bulldog want for a 1Mb SDSL
  • Options
    i think pipex are sposed to be good and demon are as well.
  • Options
    I use NTL bb £25 per month for superfast internet. Its 2 or 8 megabit, im not sure, but its so fast that the limiting factor is always the upload capacity of wherever you're going.

Its sweet :)
  • Options
    madasafish.
    up to 8meg if your line and exchange will take it ...mine won't so runs at 2.2 ...
  • Options
    I'm with NTL. £17.99 per month for unlimited 1mb - can't see the point in going for the other packages, as the 2mb is £7 more per month and I don't need the speed that much. 8mb is available but with an 80gb cap - I download a fair bit(Linux/BSD distributions, lossless music, DivX films, etc) so theres a decent chance I'd run over my limit some months.

If you can get NTL, then I rate their product highly. For the money, the product is very good. Lord help you if you need customer support though...
  • Options
    I'm with NTL. £17.99 per month for unlimited 1mb - can't see the point in going for the other packages, as the 2mb is £7 more per month and I don't need the speed that much. 8mb is available but with an 80gb cap - I download a fair bit(Linux/BSD distributions, lossless music, DivX films, etc) so theres a decent chance I'd run over my limit some months.

If you can get NTL, then I rate their product highly. For the money, the product is very good. Lord help you if you need customer support though...

the 2mb line has a much higher cap than the 1mb one, though they dont seem to really enforce them.
  • Options
    They are both uncapped these days :).