Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Please help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. My mobile phone (Nokia 3330) is locked to Vodafone sims but I've changed network to Orange. A response from a previous thread said that the mobile can be unlocked using a code.

Ive just been to unlock.Nokiafree.org to get unlock codes. the two codes that were given however didnt work and now ive made an error three times. It also mentioned in the site that the phone can only make five mistakes. after that the phone can only be unlocked through cable.

Does anyone know any reliable way to unlock the phone? If five errors have been made, does anyone know how to unlock it with the cable?

Thanks very much. :)

Comments

• Options
    the cable works by using a program on a pc which will unblock the phone through the cable. you can download them from any filesharing program eg Ares, Limewire, Bittorrent etc but there are lots of dodgy programs out there with viruses, best bet to get it unlocked is to pay £10 and take it to the shop or pay for the code.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    the cable works by using a program on a pc which will unblock the phone through the cable. you can download them from any filesharing program eg Ares, Limewire, Bittorrent etc but there are lots of dodgy programs out there with viruses, best bet to get it unlocked is to pay £10 and take it to the shop or pay for the code.
    thanks. but isnt there a better free solution. im a bit of a cheap bastard.
  • Options
    thanks. but isnt there a better free solution. im a bit of a cheap bastard.
    cough up a tenner ya tight sod!
    every market i ever go on these days has a guy there who'll do it for a tenner.