Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Yates bars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Not sure if this should be in Fashion or here - basically in a few weeks time I'm meeting all my old schoolmates for a reunion, and the place is Yates's bar in Reading. Having never been to one of these before, I was wondering what the dress code's like - if i have a choice I won't usually get all dressed up, but I've been on the site and it looks like it's all short skirts and revealing tops.... :no:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Nah, Yates wine lodges are for old folks - well they are round here (nottingham).
    Hardly anyone over the age of 30 is in there so wear something from the 1950s and you'll be fine :p :thumb:

Only kidding (as if you couldnt guess), just wear whatever you feel comfortable in and what you'd normally go out in.
    The website might show a load of beautiful girls in short skirts but the reality is it'll probably be full of old slappers. :yuck:
  • Options
    I go out in reading quite a bit (when im at home) ... I haven't seen that yates bar place but i'm sure there wont be much of a dress code... Occasionally they say no trainers in places but mabye you wouldntve been wearing em anyway :p
  • Options
    round here a lot of people go to yates for a drink before moving onto clubs but also a lot of people just go to yates and nowhere else so the dress code varies. youll get some people in short skirts, revealing tops etc, like you do everywhere but youll also get a lot in just jeans or whatever. i wouldnt really wear trainers though, especially if you're going there on a saturday but jeans and a nice top would be fine.
  • Options
    I've been in at different times of the day during the day I'm usually wearing jeans and trainers but when I've been in at night we've started off there before going clubbing so I've been wearing my clubbing outfit which usually consists of black boots/shoes, jeans and a nice top.
  • Options
    I've worn trainers practically every time I've been out in the past few years and I've never been refused entry anywhere. I've never got it, maybe I have nice trainers, or maybe they just use it as a excuse to refuse entry to people they don't like the look of.

Anyway, Yates' is about as classy as wetherspoons, so just wear whatever you want, and don't forget the cheap white wine to make you appear classy. ;) Or if you want to appear ultra classy, go for Rose wine. :thumb:
  • Options
    Yates's are just chavvy, byut the doorstaff can get arsey with people in trainers and jeans if they don't like the look of them. Just dress a little bit higher than slob-wear and you'll be reet.

It's basicalloy Wetherspoon's but with chav factor 20.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's basicalloy Wetherspoon's but with chav factor 20.

Well speak for your own area... Other Yates' are very respectable.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Yates' are very respectable.

:lol: