Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why cant you pick your cow

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You can pick what lobster you want to eat so why can't you go have a burger and pick what cow you want? I guess I know why on that one, it takes a long time to go from a cow to a burger and there would be a waste, but why can't you pick your salmon, have them swimming around, or go fishing and pick your crab or shrimp? Maybe pick what chicken you want your eggs to come from. Can you pick a lobster, pay for it then take it home uncooked?

Comments

• Options
    cos they use the same cow for more than one burger.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Can you pick a lobster, pay for it then take it home uncooked?

Probably, but then why would you want to?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe the same reason you shouldn't pick your nose. :chin: :p
  • Options
    I think you're on to something here Manda. They should breed really small cows that you can just get one burger out of, then you could point at your cow, and they could kill it for you, skin it, and produce your burger. Then you'd vomit and go home.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    I think you're on to something here Manda. They should breed really small cows that you can just get one burger out of, then you could point at your cow, and they could kill it for you, skin it, and produce your burger. Then you'd vomit and go home.

That was quite funny. Good idea though. Lets market it. (get it, market, cow, hahahahha)
  • Options
    i'm sure you could if it were a matter of just chucking the entire cow in a pot of boiling water.

you'd need a really big pot, though. and a really big tank to keep the cows in.
  • Options
    lobsters are ugly bastards, cows are cool..that's why!
  • Options
    There were a bunch of lobsters all sleepin in the corner of the tank and then there was one in the other corner and he started walking and walked all up on the other ones till he was on top. He was cool. Then I just ate a salad. Then the mans father went over to the tank and picked that one. And ate it. He laughed. I cried. Me and Mr. Garfunkel were buddies!
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    There were a bunch of lobsters all sleepin in the corner of the tank and then there was one in the other corner and he started walking and walked all up on the other ones till he was on top. He was cool. Then I just ate a salad. Then the mans father went over to the tank and picked that one. And ate it. He laughed. I cried. Me and Mr. Garfunkel were buddies!

A sad and heatbreaking tale.. :crying:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

haha well maybe he was cool...but he was no cow
  • Options
    Mist wrote:

sounds like a plan to me :thumb:

although, you should be protecting cows? seeing as you are god of moo and all that. hehe.
  • Options
    That reminded me of this....
    http://www.thisistravel.co.uk/travel/news/Come-to-our-zoo-then-eat-the-animals-_article.html?in_article_id=45694&in_page_id=143
    For some reason I thought you could pick the animal while on the safari but I'm guessing I just made that up...
  • Options
    I believe an episode of the Simpsons touched on this theme when it featured a pick-your-own-cow-and-then-eat-it restaurant ages ago.

Goddamn my name, your so old :p
  • Options
    that makes no sense. why would you want to look at before you ate it if it were ugly?

cos you choose the meanest looking bastard in the tank and eat him! :cool:
  • Options
    I believe an episode of the Simpsons touched on this theme when it featured a pick-your-own-cow-and-then-eat-it restaurant ages ago.

Goddamn my name, your so old :p

:eek: :eek: :eek: O jave mever seem that, I must! I knew my idea coudln't have been an original (only half a brain cell you see)
  • Options
    sounds like a plan to me :thumb:

although, you should be protecting cows? seeing as you are god of moo and all that. hehe.

That's why we need to breed the additional, smaller, cows.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    That's why we need to breed the additional, smaller, cows.

midget cows :chin: nice :chin:

I once wenet to get some pizza and saw a midget family. oh yes. midget mother, father and 2 children.
  • Options

oh god i laughed so loud at that one. oh i'm sorry that was fucking hilarous.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    midget cows :chin: nice :chin:

It's not like you could just throw a regular sized cow into a pot, that would be stupid. Most of the people in the burger bars would be too small to lift the cow for a start.
  • Options
    what would you breed it with to make it itty bitty?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    what would you breed it with to make it itty bitty?

Hmm. it may have to be genetically engineered. Otherwise it'd have to be crossed with a mouse or something. But I don't want it to taste or look like a mouse. Maybe just breed all the smallest cows together until they get smal by selection.
  • Options
    Have you ever tasted mouse though, maybe it tastes alright
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Have you ever tasted mouse though, maybe it tastes alright

It might do. I don't like the idea though. :/
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    It might do. I don't like the idea though. :/

Did you knwo its actually true they eat dog in china? I ordered some cheap chinese food along with a woman who emmegrated from there less than a year ago and somebody brought up the subject. She said there are some pepole who actually do as its cheaper, not alot and not in the chinese food resturants and such, but the do. Unless she lied.

Oh vodka causing heartburn. Goodnight all.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Probably, but then why would you want to?

My friend has a pet lobster in a tank. I swear she does. How weird is that?! I mean who else do you know of who ever had a pet lobster apart from Homer Simpson? :lol:
  • Options
    I take back my past comments... lobsters are actually v cool... they just float round and look at you innocently. don#t eat them :yum:
  • Options
    because you eat lobsters fresh from cooking, i should imagine. though not all the time, i'm sure.

also i'd assume that killing/preparing a cow takes longer than a lobster. :confused: