Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Starting Something New

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, I don't have my heart or mind set on anyone at the moment (apart from my ex... but anyway...) but I was just wondering...

Is there some kind of time period that people generally expect people to pass before going into another relationship?
For example, will people be expecting me to wait 3/4 months after the end of my one year relationship before starting a new one?

I just wondered. A new relationship tends to be the way I get over the last one...

Comments

• Options
    I guess it depends on you, what you want and when you're ready for another relationship?
  • Options
    I have no idea what's ready for you. No one does.

You do what feels right at the time and leave it from there.
  • Options
    there are no rules.
  • Options
    Even if people expect for you to wait, who cares...

only your own happiness count...

Do whatever feels right...

Always follow your hearth no matter what...
  • Options
    You guys are all so right, and I guess that's what I was thinking too.

Wow. I think I just made the worst and most pointless topic of all time ever.
    xox
  • Options
    I don't think its a pointless topic - I see where you're coming from. *Other* people will probably expect you to wait around.

My boyfriend had just got out of an 18 month relationship and we were acting pretty coupley less than a month later. We waited about 2 and a half months before making it 'official', and a load of people thought that I was just a rebound.

But the important thing is that *I* know I'm not. It doesn't really matter what those other people think because they obviously don't know us very well and they're just being close-minded.

If you see someone you like, and *you* feel ready, then go for it. Ignore anyone who thinks there should be a set waiting period. Basically, what everyone else has said. :)