Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

acheyness!!

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
hey,
im all achey, but not in a normal way, in a fidgety kinda way. i cant sleep properly coz my legs feel funny, and i feel tense all the time. ive tried stretching loads, but its not doing anything, anyone know what the hell it is? ive not got a clue! and how i can get rid of it so i can actually sleep later on!! im open to anything!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont know the answer but it sounds like the same thing that I get sometimes - especially in my legs - feels kinda like 'growing pains' (except I am way too old for that ;) ) or kinda restless like i need to stretch but stretching doesnt help.
    so i would also like to see if anyone has any ideas to help this.
  • Options
    its looking like tis just me and u babe! haha! but yeah i know what u mean, it is like growing pains, but i also am far too old for that, i havent grown in about 6years! :grump:
  • Options
    I know what you mean, too. I always get it - feel all tired and ache like I'm going to come down with flu or something, then it never arrives. I spoke to my doctor and he said it could be stress (which I do suffer from) or being run down (which I suppose is a symptom of stress).

Can you guys relate to that?
  • Options
    well yeah i have got my finals coming up in the next few months, and i am stressing about getting coursework marks back! so stress could definately be the cause! i dont normally get too stressed though thats what's weird. did he tell you how to get rid of it?
  • Options
    Not really, just the usual doc's stuff - relax, get plenty of rest, eat properly etc.

Was going through extremely tough time then, and was already seeing him for depression/stress anyway.

Whenever I feel run down know, or have a bad day, I can feel like that. Usually just go to the gym and work it out, or play football. It has improved recently as my levels of stress have got less and less.
  • Options
    yeah i guess it could sometimes be stress for me too since i do suffer from stress quite easily - next time it happens, i will make a note in my diary and see if was a particularly stressful time :)
  • Options
    so ive got to go get a diary now! haha! and i might start doin yoga again! wish me luck thats all i can say, if i dont post for a while, its coz i have my legs wrapped around my neck and im stuck!! :p
  • Options
    never could quite get into yoga myself :no: you think going out dancing will have the same effect? :yum:

let me know if you find a solution anytime :)