Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Its nice to see that stores can cater to the mathmatically Illiterate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am ordering supplies. One cartridge is $32. They also sell it in a 2 pack... for $78. Sweet.

Comments

• Options
    *Shakes head in disbelieve*
  • Options
    Thats sickening. I personally (being the pain in the arse I am) would order the pack and phone them asking for your extra money back. When they refuse, I would explain very nicely that I would probably sue. Always wins them over ;)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ha. Ha... not supprising i must say.
  • Options
    LOL.. oh this made me laugh.. Do the americans have any knowlege of buying in bulk being cheaper ;):p
  • Options
    I ordered the twin pack *giggles*
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Spoken like a true procurement person:D

Tescos do that on the Slim Fast too, if you don't pay attention.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    0_o You have to much money to waste.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    LOL.. oh this made me laugh.. Do the americans have any knowlege of buying in bulk being cheaper ;):p
    Only if it's weapons
  • Options
    pffft economies of scale these days.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    0_o You have to much money to waste.

I wish :( Its the multimillion dollar pharmacutical distributing company who pays me too little money that i waste. Its my tiny way of sticking it to the man
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I wish :( Its the multimillion dollar pharmacutical distributing company who pays me too little money that i waste. Its my tiny way of sticking it to the man

Haha.
  • Options
    People must have noticed that... or? :no:
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    People must have noticed that... or? :no:

No, I order a few grand of stuff a week, nobody notices, nobody cares. Yesterday came my neon colored post it notes :hyper: Everybody else gets yellow, haha.
  • Options
    *snickers*

i love this thread

ETA: Damn the man
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I am ordering supplies. One cartridge is $32. They also sell it in a 2 pack... for $78. Sweet.
    It's not just in the USA you get these stupid discrepancies. Where I used to work, we sold Lucozade bottles for 99p. But what a lot of people didn't realise was that you could buy two of them - for 95p. Let's just say most people who found out were absolutely stumped.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    It's not just in the USA you get these stupid discrepancies. Where I used to work, we sold Lucozade bottles for 99p. But what a lot of people didn't realise was that you could buy two of them - for 95p. Let's just say most people who found out were absolutely stumped.
    Please tell me the reason why your shop did this?
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    Please tell me the reason why your shop did this?
    Well, the offer in question was meant to last three weeks, and during those three weeks admittedly, it was advertised. However, due to some problem with the tills, after the offer finished, they still scanned two Lucozades up at 95p. In other words, it was a mistake in the computer, nothing deliberate.
  • Options
    yeh a lot of offers are misleading. it says something like 'buy 3 for £4' and you only actually save yourself 3p or something but you think it's a bargain.
  • Options
    There could be an advantage to making the smaller packets slightly cheaper though: the smaller ones run out faster, making the consumer return sooner, where they can't resist buying more than just the item they were origonally shopping for...
  • Options
    Another sneaky thing about shops that annoys me is when they change the unit of measurement when they have to tell you how much things cost per gram or whatever.
    Like if you are comparing the price per whatever on a small pack and a big pack to see which is cheaper overall, and one will say 60p per 100g, but the other will say 40p each, or something equally annoying. grr.