Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Womans underwear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm looking for some websites that do nice womans underwear, do you have any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    figleaves do some nice stuff :)
  • Options
    La Senza do some lovely things...lasenza.co.uk....free delivery and sale on at mo :thumb:
  • Options
    Cheers.

What are noth places like for sending things back?
  • Options
    Cheers.

What are noth places like for sending things back?

As long as they still have the tags on, there should be no problems.

There's plenty of La Senza shops, might be better to buy from the stores rather than online. It'll be easier to return stuff.

Debenhams sell nice lingerie too.
  • Options
    La Senza definatley. H&M do some nice stuff too. I have two "special" sets of lingerie that make me feel really sexy, one from La Senza that my boyfriend gave me for christmas and the other I got from H&M. The latter I bought back in october but wore it for the first time last night for my boyf and he LOVED it!!! It was a reasonable price and really nice!
  • Options
    figleaves is excellent for returns and customer service

and it also has the best choice
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    figleaves is excellent for returns and customer service

I agree.

Also if you buy stuff from la senza online you can return it in the shops if thats easier.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    and there is always Agent Provocateur if you have the cash to splash and are looking for something a bit sexy...
  • Options
    I'm looking for some websites that do nice womans underwear, do you have any suggestions?
    Are they for you? :D

Bravissimo is good for D-cups and above (I assume you'll be stuffing it with plenty of tissue right?) and they do returns and exchanges.
  • Options
    oh, Agent Provocateur! and Myla and Coco Ribbon. Figleaves is alwys good too!
  • Options
    La Senza stuff is cheap nasty tat these days. It used to be so good, now its just shit. Even Ann Summers stuff is nicer.

Speaking of, Knickerbox are quite good.

What shape's the valentine? For "normal" girls somewhere like Debenhams or Knickerbox is a good shout; if she's got breasts, and plenty of em, then don't look past Bravissimo. Or figleaves.

But don't waste your time with La Senza.

And why only internet sites? You're not scared of the lingerie department are you?:p
  • Options
    Unless you know her size and tastes buying her undies might not be as good as getting her vouchers. Women love to shop, its half the fun (the other half is when she suprises you with your suprise).
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    La Senza stuff is cheap nasty tat these days. It used to be so good, now its just shit. Even Ann Summers stuff is nicer.

i think the quality and styling is pretty good for the money. much better than when i first started shopping there, when i'd be paying £20 or so for an average bra. these days i pretty much live in their t-shirt bras and for £12 quid, i think they're a good deal. one of the comfier brands, too.

your best bet is to raid the girl's underwear drawer, and look at the kind of things she buys for herself. everyone will have their favourites, you just need to look at this thread to see that.

i'd question someone's judgement if they bought me owt from bravissimo, cause it's not my style at all, but on the other hand, kermit would apparently be mortally offended if you bought him a cute matching set from la senza ;)
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i'd question someone's judgement if they bought me owt from bravissimo, cause it's not my style at all, but on the other hand, kermit would apparently be mortally offended if you bought him a cute matching set from la senza ;)

I look great in a matching cami and knickers, I'll have you know.

La Senza stuff seems to have gone downhill, and it isn't just me that thinks that. My sister is in complete agreement (but then she does work for Ann Summers...)

Horses for courses, as always. Which is why most men piss their girlfriends off something rotten when they try and get underwear for them :yes:
  • Options
    i wouldnt buy someone a bra online necessarily as different bras fit differently. I always have to try loads on and half the time even if I like the look of the bra on the hanger I dont like the shape it gives me when its on, So id say underwear shopping is best done when shes with you.