Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wheezy chest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've been off school for nearly 2 weeks, i had a flu-like thing. Anyways im more or less better but for the last week or so my chest has been making this wheezy noise every time i take a deep breath in. I also have a cough. Is it something i should be worried about?

Comments

• Options
    Since you just were sick its unlikely you now have asthma, but its not uncommon to get asthma like symptoms after being ill like that. If it doesn't go away and keeps bothering you after like half a day or so, I'd say get a Dr's appt and they will most likely perscribe you an inhaler for the time being.
  • Options
    its been like this for about a week though
  • Options
    I know this says if you had bronchitis, but I'm lazy and can't search anymore, but its generally the same thing. Either way, the most effective thing to do is just see your doctor and get an inhaler until you can heal on up.

In another instance, adults who recently have had viral bronchitis might develop temporary asthma symptoms. Inflammation might make the airways more sensitive, and wheezing develops. Temporary treatment with inhalers can help. The wheezing may go away once the airways have healed.
    http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/3457/7992/423710.html
  • Options
    hm, i hope it isnt anything that serious! i'm off to the docs tomorrow anyhow
  • Options
    Doubt it is. But good luck hun xx
  • Options
    sounds like the mucus remains from fighting off an infection... Should go by itself, but yeah- see what the dr says.

x