Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cheap Flights

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok so I'm having trouble here but it might just be me being dizzy.

I'm trying to find the cheapest flight possible to New Zealand. I know that its a long way away and they're expensive anyway. But the other day, i found one that was £688. Now the cheapest I can find is coming up to like £750! Its going up... I could barely afford the £688 one.

Whats the best way to find cheap flights? I don't mind the amount of stopovers as long as its not something ridiculous. Is it better to book in advance, or really last minute (which I don't really want to do, too disorganised for me!). I'm planning on travelling on the 3rd April-ish.

Anyone know any good websites for less expensive flights?
Any help would be muchly appreciated!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    :wave: hon, lucky you going off to NZ eh?

Anyway the best website I find for this kind of thing is this one. Just stick in Manchester - Auckland (or wherever it is you want to fly to/from) and there seem to be quite a few that are just over 500 squid (and a few that are under...bargainous).

Happy bargain hunting! ;):D
  • Options
    Thank youuu! That site is good. I think the reeason its coming up so expensive is because I have no idea when I want to come home, so I'm putting the latest possible option for return which is like december 30th or something.

Anyone know anything about open ended tickets so you can choose when you want to come home? Are they more expensive?

Argh this is hard work.
  • Options
    If you're young or a student then try STA travel, they have good deals to that part of the World.
  • Options
    STA is quite good. Might be worth giving Opodo a look aswell.
    Lastminute occasionally have a cracking deal or two.
  • Options
    Never use Travelbag, they are vile.