Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Website addresses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know how to clear the website addresses from the address bar at the top of the screen?

I find it quite iritating that whenever i type www.h ... a million websites i've used beginning with h pop up!

x

Comments

• Options
    on the toolbar, click tools, and go to internet options, then click the button that says clear history
  • Options
    Your a star, thank you!
  • Options
    no probs :)
  • Options
    Ooh, I've always wondered how to do that. Now I know! :)
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Can you not also set it to remember 0 days browser history too, so you don't have to do that all the time?
  • Options
    Can you not also set it to remember 0 days browser history too, so you don't have to do that all the time?
    I have done that but it still remembers things in the address bar.
  • Options
    I wish you could do that for AOL.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    as the AOL browser uses IE, if you do it in IE, it should apply itself to AOL.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to clear the website addresses from the address bar at the top of the screen?

I find it quite iritating that whenever i type www.h ... a million websites i've used beginning with h pop up!

x
    If you want to stop this happening with google and other search engines you can stop the previous things being displayed by switching off "autocomplete/ forms" in IE options.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Why is that annoying? :confused: It doesn't stop you from typing anything you want, and it's useful in the way that you don't have to type as much if you want to go to a website you recently visited, or if you're not sure how it was written. Can't see any drawbacks to it, except maybe hiding the sites you've visited from other users.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    as the AOL browser uses IE, if you do it in IE, it should apply itself to AOL.
    I tried that but it didn't seem to work.