Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tongue Piercing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey. Well i've been wanting my tongue pierced for about two years now but just been too wimpish to actually go and get it done. I just wanted to know when people had it done if it hurt at all or alot and about how much people paid to get it done?

Ta
L xx

Comments

• Options
    Mine hurt, not alot i wont lie and say its nice but it hurts a little, it's more of uncombtable laying there with the needle through it waiting for her to unseal the bar from the sterile bag, i only paid £25 for mine but thats because i know the women and had other piercings done by her,

It hurts a little but don't worry, its more annoying as for a week or so it swells up bad and it's hard to eat, although no pain,

Good luck
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have not got my tongue pierced but I know of a few people who have. I have heard mixed reviews - some people say it hurts and some say it didn't. It depends on your pain threshold, I suppose ;)
  • Options
    hm...see thats what im more worried about, the pain and the thought of it going throught my tongue. I know once it's done i will be fine and will probably wonder what i was worried about, i was exactly the same when i got my belly button done!
  • Options
    My piercing studio charges £45 for tongue piercings.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Ive wanted mine done for ages too, but the last few days ive REALLY been wanting to get it done soon, feeling in an impulsive mood.

Thing is, i have a fear of needles

The second thing im scared of is my reflexes, i have a feeling that as soon as it starts to prick my tongue, my reflexes will try to pull my tongue back into my mouth, tensing the muscle (as the tongue is a muscle...) and therefore making it hurt more :confused:

this happened to anyone?!
  • Options
    When I had it done, they had my tongue clamped and out of my mouth, they went to shove the needle thru and at the same time they touched the surface I wussed out and tried to pull my tongue away. I had the needle about halfway thru my tongue for at least a couple seconds while they fought me for my tongue back. Hurt like a fucking bitch. I now no longer have it and theres a bump and a raised up spot where it once was. Kind of nasty.

Also, not onlyl the cost of the piercing, but the constant buying of metal, balls and such it gets to be quite expensive.
    Plus I nearly chipped a tooth, the enamal wears off on your teeth from it hitting aggainst it, I swallowed a few balls before.

But it was cool while it lasted. Go for it, the pain is over very quickly and you'll learn to love pudding and applesauce for about a week. I know quite a few people who said it was the most painless piercing they've had. Good luck.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    they went to shove the needle thru and at the same time they touched the surface I wussed out and tried to pull my tongue away. I had the needle about halfway thru my tongue for at least a couple seconds while they fought me for my tongue back.

:nervous: my worst fear confirmed!!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    :nervous: my worst fear confirmed!!

Oh god I hadn't even seen your post :blush: But seriously, I'm a freak and everybody, including the piercer had a good laugh at me, I"m just ultra wuss (as in I passed out while getting one vial of blood taken at the Dr. last week)
  • Options
    When I had mine done it didn't hurt that much. I've had mine done for about 2 and 1/2 years now. Do a search theres lots of threads on it.

Mine only cost £15 to have done, got a voucher from uni.

Blah your at Lincoln Uni right? Get yours done at Blue Banana, I've had no problems with my piercing and the staff are great.
  • Options
    i'm been thinking about getting this done for awhile too (about years off and no). the problem i'm having isn't the pain, but the tounge swelling up, how long does this normally last for (i know this can vary person to person) as i work closely with customers (MOD, navy, rnli and maritime colleges). if it lasts awhile i'll have to wait till i go on holiday for a week or so.

One thing i will be getting done is my other nipple.
  • Options
    Intervention

Men, tongue piercings, *vomits* I'm sure some girl will enjoy that barely there extra sensation, but ehhhh, imo.

And generally it swells to the lisping and hard to eat solid foods for 3-5ish days.
  • Options
    Blah your at Lincoln Uni right? Get yours done at Blue Banana, I've had no problems with my piercing and the staff are great.

yeh i have a voucher too, was planning on going there if i get the guts to go! Do they numb it there? I know only some places do
  • Options
    i didn't think the actual piercing hurt, but eating anything at all/talking for the next week or so hurt me like a bitch. i lived on soup and ice cream.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    yeh i have a voucher too, was planning on going there if i get the guts to go! Do they numb it there? I know only some places do

don't remember them numbing it but I'm sure the clamp had something on it.
  • Options
    Hey. Well i've been wanting my tongue pierced for about two years now but just been too wimpish to actually go and get it done. I just wanted to know when people had it done if it hurt at all or alot and about how much people paid to get it done?

Ta
    L xx

Piercing goes with pain, otherwise what's the point...

The tongue is fuck all to pierce, it'll barely hurt (unless done by a crappy piercer), just don't get drunk the same day (if you do your tongue will swell and it will hurt bad) and you'll be fine...
  • Options
    When I finally got the courage up to go and get my tongue done,

The piercer said my tongue was too short!! Its not really though? And that my vein underneath it was too close to the front or something and he didn't want to do it. He said he could probably pierce it in some form or other but it'd just cause me problems and probably be a hassle.

I was a bit gutted cos I'd wanted it done for ages and I was sat on the table ready to have it done and everything.

I was thinking of getting it done somewhere else but I really trust my piercer so I respect him for saying what he thought and not just try and make an extra £35.
    Hmm.

im a dreamer I say go for it...you can always take it out if you think its hurting too much :D
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i didn't think the actual piercing hurt, but eating anything at all/talking for the next week or so hurt me like a bitch. i lived on soup and ice cream.
    I didnt find it hurting, just a pain in the ass to talk and i kept drooling in the night,

it hurt a few times when i woke up but i had the sore throat paracetolmol which i disolved on my tongue.. was great actually..
  • Options
    Mine didnt hurt at all to get done, and I ate normal foor straight after. Ivbrofen is your friend :yes: Tbh the ulcer I have one my tounge right not hurts 10 times more than it did when i had it peirced.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Yes, the enamel can be damaged.

:yes: My dentist yelled at me for four years straight :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    :yes: My dentist yelled at me for four years straight :p

I have played so much with mine while under drugs, I end up having one of my teeth having a mark of the jewerlly, I even had to have it reduce it lenght as it was showing quite badly... Still got 2 in there tho, but aint playing with it so much anymore...
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    they had my tongue clamped and out of my mouth

I didn't get a clamp. I got a paper towel...

She put freezy stuff in my mouth and it ran down my face so my face was numb but my tongue wasn't. Didn't hurt that much though...until I stuck my tongue out and sneezed...

Was actually one of the least painful piercings I've had done and it heals pretty quickly.
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    I didn't get a clamp. I got a paper towel...

They held your tongue out with a paper towel? :eek2: I'd of walked right out if they tried that. Dodgy. Thats discustingly unsanitary.
  • Options
    ETD
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    They held your tongue out with a paper towel? :eek2: I'd of walked right out if they tried that. Dodgy.

They did indeed.
    There was 3 of us getting done. If I'd have walked out I would have got laughed at. My face was already numb anyway :p