Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should I confess my feelings?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there, this is my first ever post but here goes…..

Okay there is a bit of a long story to my dillemma, but will try to give an abbreviated version…..An amazingly beautiful friend of mine who I get along so well with, have so much in common with, find totally adorable, and am absolutely crazy about basically, is in town visiting and I want to tell her how I feel....I met her 2&1/2 years ago whilst living overseas and a little while after meeting her and becoming friends, I found out through the grapevine that she fancied me. I didn't do anything about it though because at the time I was already in love and in a serious relationship with another girl. However now I'm single and I want to be with this dream girl and can't stop thinking about her, only now the tables are turned big time because she is now in a serious (and international) relationship with a guy she has been seeing for about year and a half. She is returning overseas to live in this guys country at the end of her round the world trip, and she is only here for a few more days.

What I want to know is, should I tell her how I feel about her?

I have no idea if she feels for me still even though we went out a couple of times this week, but I feel that I need to get this off my chest and tell her but at the same time am convinced that rejection will be the inevitable outcome if I do. However If I don't tell her now I fear that it might be my only chance as I most likely won't see her for another 2 years or so….Do I let this opportunity pass me by to let her know how I feel? Or do I confess all but possibly risk ruining our friendship at the same time?....

I feel so bad for even thinking about this because ordinarily somebody having a boyfriend spells a no go zone to me, but because she's only here for a few days and knowing for sure that she liked me once, has really got me feeling the pressure. I know telling her will make her feel awkward and I definitely don't want to break up her happy relationship, but it's just so damn hard to hold back these feelings I have for her.

There was so many things going on inside my head when I was with her these last couple of days. So hard to bite my lip and just be a friend, but I think I did an ok job of concealing my emotions. Certainly been a while since I felt this desperate and irrational. I really don't know what to do, all I know is that I'm running short of time and would appreciate any advice anybody can give me.

Cheers

Kyle

Comments

• Options
    Go and tell her how you feel, you can not let yourself go mad over this.

Always follow your hearth even if there is chance to get shot.

If you don't risk it, you'll always wonder and might be missing an opportunity for happiness.

Also I would say, prepare yourself for both kind of reply, positive and negative.

Always prepare for the worste and hope for the best...
  • Options
    i was in a similar situation recently, and i told him how i felt, and although he didnt feel the same (i knew this before i told him) our friendship has seemed easier since then!
  • Options
    Do NOT tell her how you feel. She has moved on, and so should you.

She is with a partner, you don't go out and tell her how you've always loved her. It's not fair on her partner, it's not fair on you, and most of all it's not fair on her.
  • Options
    The sensible answer is don't tell her.

However, I think that maybe you should take the chance ... life's too short and otherwise you may always wonder what if
  • Options
    The most likely result of you telling her about your feelings while she is in this other relationship is her instantly terminating your friendship, I should have thought.