Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Malia!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey guys,
Me and my mate are going to Malia this July, and i was just wondering if anyone had been or could reccommened some cheap tour operators for package holidays?
Or if you have been, which accomodation did you find the best? We want something pretty near to the nightlife and the beach, which iv got the impression is just about everywhere in malia except the old town!
Dont want none of this club 18-30ness, were only 17 and even though we can go, dont fancy being told when i have to wake up lol =D
Any help would be appreciated!
Thankyooo x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I went with 2wentys last year, Malia was awsum, we dint do anything with the reps just had fun on our own, it's basicly one long street full of clubs and the beach at the end, i stayed in babylon, it was a bit like big brother, cameras everywhere so u couldent get away with anything.
  • Options
    We stayed at some lovely apparetments, got them through Thomas Cook, they tried to make us go 18-30 but noo way! Some of the places right in the main street are rough so try and avoid them. Ours was about a 4min walk from the main streets and very near the beach so was a good location and chilled in the day. The old town is right next to the new town, seriously everything is so close. There's not much accomodation there anyway, just nice restaurants and stuff. Was a good holiday though, we went in September so was quieter but still really lively.
  • Options
    Club 18-30 don't come and wake you up - all the rumours are rubbish. I went with them to Magaluf last year, and we had nothing to do with the reps - they left us well alone. If we needed them (like when I lost my purse, haha) they were really helpful.

Don't write them off!
  • Options
    I stayed in Stalis, just outside of Malia when I was 18 (er, 2002). It was good for what it was - hundreds of bars and hundreds of brits getting lashed - cheap cheap drinks and warm weather. What more does a 17/18 year old want eh? Stalis was good for restaurants if you fancy walking a bit further than McDonalds. Hersonissos (sp?) is worth a taxi to also. Didn't have any experience with reps, we didn't need anyone to tell us where to eat or how to drink.
  • Options
    i went to Malia with Club 18-30 2 years ago when I was 18, and had a ball! The reps were'nt pushy at all, we didnt have to do anything we didnt want to, although we opted for a few of the nights out with the reps which proved OK. Bar crawl on the first night was good as we met loads of other people and got to know the reps. I stayed in Hera Sun apartments, right in the middle of the strip above the Roadhouse bar. Great location, not too noisy at night. Used the pool at the Oasis hotel just over the road which was ace. Malia was a brilliant place for a girls holiday! All the stuff you here about 18-30 is crap, I have been on 2 18-30 hols and both have been ace.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Just also wondering..how long did you go for? we were originially going for 2 weeks, but now its looking more like one because the prices have suddenly shot up, and spending money etc, trying to get 10 or 11 nights if we can but its looking bleak, is 7 nights long enough?!
  • Options
    x~*Nat*~x wrote:
    Thanks guys! Just also wondering..how long did you go for? we were originially going for 2 weeks, but now its looking more like one because the prices have suddenly shot up, and spending money etc, trying to get 10 or 11 nights if we can but its looking bleak, is 7 nights long enough?!

thinking of last years holiday in magaluf,7 nights is deffinately enough you will be exhausted by the end, and you should feel youve had a long holiday, assuming you make the most of the nights!

for malia, we wanted to do 10 nights, but had trouble with that. so went for 14 nights, think it should be better, because it will give us more of a chance to do things during the day, because last year we ended up sleeping all day as we were so busy when awake. spending money will obviously double though!
  • Options
    spending money

sorry but i need to ask.
    im going malia this july for 2 weeks and i was just wondering how much money i should take. if u have an i dead please get back 2 me with some info.
    thank alots
  • Options
    I went to Malia last year in June was brilliant. I went with escapades and i would recommend them to anyone we had such a blast and i made alot friends too who i still speak too. I stayed in the odyssey apts and they were lovely.

I only went for a week and i took about 700-800.
  • Options
    its hard to say, ive seen people say on forums to take 1000/week to Malia, and ive also known people to have a quality time on 150/ week. But just as a guide most bars do 4 drinks + 2 shots for 5 euros, and only a couple of clubs charge to get in. Some bars do all you can drink fro 10 euros.