Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eyewear Question...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I haven't got a clue where to put this, so feel free to move it!!

Right, I had my eye test done last oct, and therefore need a new pair of glasses. I found some gorgeous glasses in D&A by a designer called 'Diva'...
I've never heard of them before and cannot find anything out about them online.

So, my question is, does anyone know anything about Diva eyewear? Are they made by D&A and then re-named or what!?

Thanks for any help, whatsoever :D Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    Does it matter what brand they are? I just pick which frames look nicest and then hope that they are cheapish.
  • Options
    Erm yeah, it matters to me what brand they are :D I'd just like to know a bit more about them, coz I've never heard of them before!

Ilora x
  • Options
    http://www.eseyewear.com/diva/diva.htm Surely a 2 second search and looking at the website may answer some questions.
  • Options
    This is the height of bollocks. If it's a nice pair of glasses just get them, why in hell would you need to know (or even care) about who made them? They ain't a piece of art.
  • Options
    I do agree with you there. BUying glasses purely on the brand kind of seems about as pointless as buying bulk rubber bands by brand name only.
  • Options
    Exactly. I picked mine because they were purple and relatively small frames. £39. Bargain.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    http://www.eseyewear.com/diva/diva.htm Surely a 2 second search and looking at the website may answer some questions.
    I've already done a wide search, and they are not the glasses I'm after, which is why I came to thesite, for help :p

And to MIST: You may think they're not a piece of art, but I shall beg to differ.

Ilora x
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    To me, it isn't the glasses that you should worry about. You have already said that they are a nice pair of glasses (the piece of art you so desire) it is the lenses I would be more concerned about. As long as the lenses are correct, in a pair of specs that you think are "gorgeous" then that is all that matters.

Who cares if they are NHS glasses or Prada glasses if they are nice and suit you? I don't. And have never bought a pair of specs because "ooooh, they are designer."
  • Options
    I've already done a wide search, and they are not the glasses I'm after, which is why I came to thesite, for help :p

And to MIST: You may think they're not a piece of art, but I shall beg to differ.

Ilora x

you can beg all you want, but it's nonsense. Your glasses have no resale value, no history and no liklihood of being sold as a prestige antique, so the only value they have is how they look. The brand makes no difference to that.

Your obsession over this simply confirms a number of theories about you in general.
  • Options
    http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfc/Diva_Collection-lamaoi-pr-l.html

i think you should get them if you like them and they suit you.
  • Options
    If I want to wear designer glasses, then that's my choice, surely?
    The fact that I've been wearing Specsaver's own brand glasses for the past 4 years probably means nothing.

Having a designer label makes the glasses more appealing to me. It's pretty simple really. I'm sure it's the same for anyone who wears Nike trainers, or a Burberry handbag, they're attractive because they're designer!

Anyway, we're not talking about the ethics behind wanting designer goods, we're talking about a specific designer called Diva.

Ilora x
  • Options
    http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfc/Diva_Collection-lamaoi-pr-l.html

i think you should get them if you like them and they suit you.
    Again, I've searched the net - and they're not the right one's. But thanks for trying :)

Ilora x
  • Options

Ilora x

Hmmm... I'm guessing D&A is a store? Could you go in and ask about them in there?
  • Options
    Yeah D&A is a store. I would do, but don't have access to their shops until mum gets home from work, which is usually too late :rolleyes:

Was just curious to see if anyone had heard of them, tis all.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Yeah D&A is a store. I would do, but don't have access to their shops until mum gets home from work, which is usually too late :rolleyes:

Was just curious to see if anyone had heard of them, tis all.

Ilora x

Telephone.
  • Options

Bus.

They're quite big, and noisy.
  • Options
    only info i can find on them is this picture, they ok, im sure they'll suit you

7874467_d08744a6fb_m.jpg
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Exactly. I picked mine because they were purple and relatively small frames. £39. Bargain.
    i think we have matching glasses! are they from specsavers? god were just too cool!
  • Options
    ring D&A to ask!
  • Options
    Nah I got mine ages ago, from a little optician called Harolds.